Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:54:57 PM EDT

Here is the tracking info for a package I'm waiting for. It is a Larue 13.2 rail and gas block for my AR10. Anyway, WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT?!

Sep 7, 2005
5:26 PM At local FedEx facility KENT, WA
4:23 PM At local FedEx facility KENT, WA Package not due for delivery
7:24 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery KENT, WA
6:28 AM At local FedEx facility KENT, WA

So, the package was put on the truck this morning for delivery. Now, the original estimated delivery date is 9/8, so it was going to be a day early. The emphasis on estimated is mine. Woo hoo! So, 5 PM rolls around and no package. Well, it can take until 7 PM, so I run out on some errands, and get home around 8:15 PM. Still no package. I check online and see that crap about Package not due for delivery!!!

I'm now, so I decide to call and ask what's up. I get a monkey on the phone, and he tells me that since the package wasn't really due today, it was an "optional" delivery. As in, if the guy finished all of his "mandatory" stops and had time, he would make the delivery. "Obviously he ran out of time. It will be delivered tomorrow." "When" I ask. "I can't guarantee it, but it will be before 7 PM at the latest." "7 PM is the latest delivery time?" "Yes." "SO WHY DOES IT SAY MY PACKAGE WAS BACK AT THE FEDEX FACILITY AT 4:23 PM IF THE LAST DELIVERY CAN OCCUR AT 7 PM?????" To this I get nothing but cricket noises...

Bastards. Basically, the guy running the route got all of his "Mandatory" stops done early, and decided to call it a day instead of working his shift to the end. I think I'm totally done with FedEx now. This is the second time they have had poor customer service.

The last time, I was at FedEx Kinko's in Factoria, dropping off an overnight package. It was 4:30 PM, which was 30 minutes past their cutoff for drop off. BUT the FedEx truck was still there! He was in the store BSing with the employees. When I asked if he could take my prepaid, already prepared package, he said "No, it will have to be picked up tomorrow." "Your kidding right? You are standing right here, and your truck is outside." "Yes, but my last pick up at this location is 4 PM. Since it is 4:30 PM, I can't take it, even though I'm here. I shouldn't be here, so normally you couldn't drop it off." WELL NO SHIT FUCKHEAD!! But you are here, so take the damn package! I had to drive to another FedEx Kinko's in Bellevue to drop it off, since their last pick up was 5 PM.

So UPS and FedEx suck ass. I guess it is all USPS or DHL for me from now on. Except for the merchants where I can't choose my options.

FedEx ---><-----Me

Scott
Disgruntled former team member.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:19:04 PM EDT
UPS pulls the same shit...

I had ordered some firearms accessories COD. Now we all know that COD means Cash On Delivery. So what do I have to pay the UPS guy when he shows up?...Cash. He says he can't take cash, must be a MO or cashiers check. P.O. is 5 miles away. I beg and plead and promise I'll take no more than 10 mins to come back with a postal MO. UPS guy finally agrees and says " well, I got a package to deliver down the road, I wasn't gonna deliver it until tomorrow , but I'll deliver today and come back."

So, they've got this guys package on the truck, but he wasn't gonna deliver until the next day because it wasn't due yet.

WTF?

I don't know about you guys, but I LIKE instant gratification.

I'm gonna go work on my teleporter now........
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:03:39 PM EDT
I'm sure that UPS will screw me this week too. Another package coming in via UPS left Portland today at 5:00 PM. It should be in Seattle no later than 9:00 PM. I just checked, and it still doesn't show an arrival scan for Seattle. It was in Portland for a scant 1 hour and 20 minutes from arrival (from FL) to leaving for Seattle. Anyway, the package should be able to be delivered tomorrow, but I know that it will somehow get held up and not make it until Friday.

That is just how my week is going currently.......
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:08:52 PM EDT
FedEx / UPS / USPS / DHL are wonderful marvels. Where else can you have a package whisked from Bellingham, WA to Miami, FL overnight? Too bad said package was supposed to go to Seattle. . .
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:06:33 PM EDT
I just found out that UPS lost my HAM radio that I sent to a technician to have some repair work done on it. He fixed the radio and sent it back to me but I never got it. I suspect that someone stole it from my front porch because it was supposedly delivered when I was on vacation. The good thing is that it was insured and hopefully I will get a new radio out of the deal. It's still a pain in the ass to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:17:22 PM EDT
For the most part, I've had great success with all the shipping companies.

I've had 1 or 2 packages delayed with UPS by a day or so, but other then that, it's been fine.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:49:24 PM EDT
I've got 6.8 bullets inbound via UPS. I have pretty good luck with most of my stuff. I have some real horror stories from work.

Your almost always better off if your stuff gets lost than if its damaged. I've had UPS argue with me that a mil-spec equipment container wasn't up to their standards. (Must be able to survive a 3' drop) Even when we showed them the asphalt embedded in it from falling onto the pavement somewhere at speed their inspector said it was poor packaging. They did agree to pay however. Bastards.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:06:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:24:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Two words for you... Home Depot

d

+1 "I don't work in this department."
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:01:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
Two words for you... Home Depot

I've never had a problem with them....probably because I can never find anybody to freakin' help me. Luckily, Lowe's is next door.
Top Top