Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:16:12 PM EDT
I am about to get into NFA items and I need to know where I can find Class 3 dealers in my area.

I live in Northwest GA, obviously, and I need some names... or a website that lists Class 3 dealers in the state.

I'd like to use Atlanta as my last resort because I want a more local dealer to take care of me...

Anybody that knows of a website or of any NW dealers, then post here of IM me.

Thanks,

-bones
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
C3 Sports in Hiram

ETA: 500 Nathan Dean Blvd, Dallas Ga. (alright I thought it was Hiram)
678 363 5899
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks BookHound...

I have this tagged and will write down zzxx99 and his e-mail for future reference...

I am trying to get into suppressors right now. I'm 24 so I am not loaded down with "burning" cash to drop on a
MG right now.... maybe later on in life, even though an M11 would be nice. If I ever did go MG, it would be
for an HK sear ~9-10Gs, but they are registered in various calibers of course  

I want to get a suppressor for my AR15 and another one to switch out between 9mm handguns and HK clones.
I'll work on the thread pitch later... once I find a dealer and do my research on cans.

Does the ATF get all "Reno" crazy if you send in more than 1 form at a time to be approved ???

I'd like to find a dealer, buy 2 or 3 cans and send in the paperwork and wait it out.... To me this would look
a little suspicious, but in reality it is just more convienant to do it all at once. Am I wrong...

When I find a dealer, should I just do 1 can at a time, or do them all at once ?

Or should I be asking this in another area  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Does the ATF get all "Reno" crazy if you send in more than 1 form at a time to be approved ???

I sent in 9 at once. No problem. they did them with only one set (two cards) of fingerprints.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I wish I had the money for full autos, but honestly I don't think they are worth their ridiculous price tags  

Now if I win the fantasy 5, or win the lottery then I will rethink full autos of course  

I've been eyeballing the SWR cans for a while... I've read about the AWC,Gemtech, and surefire cans... they all seem to be about the same, except for price. So it's a hard decision. I want a can that will last a very long time, is very quiet while dry, and is easy to clean.

About the suppressed AR,etc... You understand what I mean. I value my hearing and I really don't like disturbing people in the next county when I am shooting out in my field. I always wear hearing protection, but damn.... ARs are just loud. Now my Mini 14 is way quiet compared to my AR, but I never shoot lakecity in it either.

About my CLEO, I shouldn't have a problem... I went middle & high school with both of my local Sheriff's daughters and we were friends, so I hope after 6+ years he still remembers me  

It shouldn't be a problem to get a sign off, especially if I explain to him that it is just him showing that I have no felonies or anything "terrible" on my record. Actually I shouldn't even have a record    Haha.

If he does frown on it, I guess I will have to form a Corporation... which I had rahter stay away from because I want my cans to be my cans, not my INC's cans.

Time will tell though, it may be several months, but I will update this thread whenever something gets into motion..

Also, I am still looking for fello Ga folks to find me a dealer in the extreme NW area.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the NW corner of the state and have a can on transfer right now (Dalton area).

Where in NW GA are you? I have contact info for two guys in my area. I can also recomend an out of state guy to buy from (FL).

Let me know what you want, I went the corp route for my NFA toys. I will help any way I can.

--caver
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Sullivans Classic Arms in Cumming, GA.

Burrell is helping me with my current purchases, Uzi and Can.
Nice fellow, very professional and knowledgable on C3 transfers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I just thought of something...

If someone has a company and it is a  "sole proprietorship" and they are DBA "company x",  then they could file
a Form 1 or Form 4 using their DBA correct ?

Most people go the LLC or INC route, but I haven't heard of anyone going the  sole proprietorship route, why ?

I don't know about other states, but in Ga, a  sole proprietorship is considered a "business entity", therefore
you should be able to use it on a Form 1 or 4.

If you are doing business as "whatever", then this would save the hassle of incorporating and if you were to ever
dissolve your sole proprietorship you could keep whatever NFA items you have because the business entity would
essentially be you anyway. That way you wouldn't have to "re"transfer your NFA item back to yourself, like you would
if you filed under an LLC or INC.

Has anyone filed forms this way before ?

Is my theory flawed ?  Any thoughts ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not really sure about adding others, but I am pretty sure that you cannot because it is a "sole" proprietorship.

Check it out here on the SOS.gov site, .pdf file of "Business Entities" : www.sos.state.ga.us/corporations/legal_entity.pdf

You see my dilemma is that I am a SP in the textile industry and thought it would just be easier on me to get the ( enter NFA item here,no autos though) and not have to worry about transferring it back to myself if I were to close down my operation in the future.

I just like to think of the future and what could happen. Like if I decide to choose another line of work or if I were to decide to form an LLC I have to wonder who would actually own the NFA item since I bought it while I was a SP... would I still personally own it because a SP is a recognized business, or would I have to transfer it back to myself from myself    You see the paradox right ?

Plus it would be just too much trouble for me to start another business for NFA items only. It's hard enough dealing with what little I have to do now.. much less worrying about corporations, complex tax laws that come with incorporating. Yes boys and girls they are a little more complicated than a SP    Not a big deal, but when you throw NFA items into the mix it could get a little more complicated... especially when you sell textiles. Which I have no idea how I would explain suppressors and SBRs to my accountant  

Uhhhh, business expense ?  Me and my carpet chronies strike many a deal while firing suppressed automatic firearms

I'm not trying to avoid responsibilty or make things overly complicated, I was just wondering since I already have a SP if I could do such things without any worries. Basically I am just trying to cut out the middle man ( CLEO,photos,fingerprints ) and make the process a little easier, plus Businesses tend to get their stamps back quicker than individuals.

Just trying to save time and leg work with my extremely complex question.... that's all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top