Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2006 6:22:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
best price I've seen on a BHP Practical.... I've already got one, though....
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I still need a post-tax blues pick-me-up.

That little Warthog looks nice.

If you like the Warthog, check out the Nitehawg.

My dream pistol (if only I had the money right now).
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Great.  I might have to buy that stupid Hi-Power.  Thanks Frige, thanks a lot.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi-powers yuck!

The Warthog is very cool. but I have a friend that has one and its very picky with ammo=very much not a ccw gun.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hi-powers yuck!

The Warthog is very cool. but I have a friend that has one and its very picky with ammo=very much not a ccw gun.

I've heard the double stack 1911's have trouble with hollow points. Do you know if that was the problem? I hear they function flawlessly with FMJ.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
best price I've seen on a BHP Practical.... I've already got one, though....

Me too, I do want one in .40 which they are not listing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I decided to walk on that hi power at turners last week and picked up another gun elsewhere, for 200 less..
damn..
dumbass...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Next time you boys go in there, mention to them that there are plenty of people in the SF Bay Area that need a new store and they should build one up here.

Thx..

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd go for a Yugo SKS but I can get a similar one from out of state on my C&R FFL, without the sales tax, DROS, or wait.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
how's the workmanship quality of a Browning's hi power on that ad, and how's the reliablity of that gun?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd go for a Yugo SKS but I can get a similar one from out of state on my C&R FFL, without the sales tax, DROS, or wait.

Just make sure it's 50 years old.

Of course only like 2% of all importers/retailers know that; so what's stopping you? I'm not telling anyone to break the law or anything.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

...Just make sure it's 50 years old.

Of course only like 2% of all importers/retailers know that; so what's stopping you? I'm not telling anyone to break the law or anything.

Most of the wholesalers won't ship any SKS to Californistan regardless of age or features.

OTOH a couple of them will ship C&R handguns over 50 years old.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...Just make sure it's 50 years old.

Most of the wholesalers won't ship any SKS to Californistan regardless of age or features.

OTOH a couple of them will ship C&R handguns over 50 years old.

That's why you have them sent to an out of state FFL and pick them up yourself, then register them the proper and correct way when you enter the state.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#15]
turners just changed ownership.  with that being done turners will not be having as much weekly sales of items at their chain of stores here in california. and yes that is a great price for a browning h.p.
triple b (bangbangboogie)
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I went to the Fountain Valley Turner's on Friday evening and they were all out of any and all Hi-Powers.  There were also no longer taking deposits on new ones.  I shed a tear and then walked over to Prehistoric Pets to look at the huge Pacus swimming in their pond.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
turners just changed ownership.  with that being done turners will not be having as much weekly sales of items at their chain of stores here in california. and yes that is a great price for a browning h.p.

WELCOME BACK BRO!!!!!!! Missed you on Sat at Burro Canyon... better be there next shoot!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WELCOME BACK BRO!!!!!!! Missed you on Sat at Burro Canyon... better be there next shoot!

What happened? TripleB's name caught my eye and then I realized he only had 1 post. Account glitch/needed to reregister with new name? Forgotten password? Taboo? "We don't got to Ravenholm anymore"?

ps. Burro is open? I tried going two weeks ago and it was closed due to the rain. I keep checking the road conditions and it keeps saying Highway 39 is closed going up to Burro. Is it open and the page listing road conditions just isn't being updated? I NEED to go shooting soon, but I wuv my Burro Canyon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:41:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I went to the Fountain Valley Turner's on Friday evening and they were all out of any and all Hi-Powers.  There were also no longer taking deposits on new ones.  I shed a tear and then walked over to Prehistoric Pets to look at the huge Pacus swimming in their pond.

I went to Turner's in Reseda. They're out too. I drove an hour and a half to get to the Reseda, and What really pissed me off is that he said we can order one but it won't be the same price.  

Frakin Bait and Switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top