Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 8:03:34 PM EST
Hey hows it going. I have been a lurker at ar15.com for about 2 years or so but never registered. Just bought my first bushmaster so i decided to go ahead and make an account. I have a question for people who live in upstate NY. I live in Watertown and have been trying to find a ffl dealer who (a) isnt trying to rip me off and (b) who will deal with aimsurplus. I have found one guy who will receive a gun for me but he wants to charge me a 20% of my total order fee instead of a flat fee. The rest of the FFL's seem to only want to deal with the suppliers they already have. I have been forced to start talking to FFLS within i would say a 50-100 mile radius but so far still have not had any luck. Does anyone know a ffl that has or will deal with aim within 2 hours of Watertown or Syracuse. I have found several that have the gun i want a Sar-1 but they are all overcharging for it by about $100 it seems.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:28:52 PM EST
Hi there, I'm from Ithaca... There is a good FFL in town here - James Rolfe - he's with the Sheriff's Dept. You may want to get in touch with him; he gives me very reasonable prices and I know his FFL is already on file with AIM. (in fact I got a SAR-1 from them just recently :)

I don't know if James wants his phone number posted so I'm sending it to you via email.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:17:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2003 3:21:06 AM EST by Aimless]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:47:52 AM EST
Hmmmm...did you talk to Ken, former owner of Ken's Guns in Black River? He closed his shop a year or 2 ago but retained his FFL. He was always a good guy to deal with. I'm having a brain fart with his last name---sorry...
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:18:08 AM EST
Yup i remember Kens gunstore. I dont know what happend to him though. I left for vacation one year came back and it was shut down. He seemed like a cool guy. My brother used to buy mags from him for his saiga.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:52:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/10/2003 7:52:54 AM EST by pickupdan]
Hi Chris,

I am a bit to far for you here in Plattsburgh but $10 transfers are still availible here...

SP10 would have some in the Syracuse area....

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:00:18 PM EST
I live just north of Watertown and I have done several transfers with Jim's Guns on outer Arsenal St. in Watertown. He charges $25. His FFL is already on file with Quantico Arms and Impact Guns to name a couple dealers in AR stuff!
Top Top