Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2003 7:52:50 AM EDT
Here's an email I got from ChrisLE this morning.

Mark,

Down at Camp Lejeune for aweek and all is well. HAven't been able to email as we're way too busy prepping to leave. We leave for the Gulf tonight. Don't know as of yet exactly where we're going or what our mission will be. Will try and keep in touch with emails and pics if I can gain access to a computer. In the interim my address will be as follows:

HM2(FMF) Christos Lefkaditis
2nd Batt/25th Marines
H&S Co. Medical
Unit 76693
FPO-AE 09509-6693

Feel free to forward it to the NY crew as I'd love to hear from them on occasion since I won't be up on current affairs once i get over there. I've got to go as time is short and there's much to do. Be safe and keep a bench warm for me at Calverton

Safe tour, Chris

Please take the time to snail mail him a letter from home. He is serving with my old reserve unit from (sheesh!) 20 years ago.

I have already sent a care package to the Marines from the 6th Communication Bn. from Brooklyn. (You guys might remember them, they picked up the bikes we built at Xmas)

Anybody interested in donating to help send more goodies to our hometown Leathernecks; email or call me.

Semper Fi Chris, keep our boys safe.

Link Posted: 4/7/2003 6:17:12 AM EDT
[#1]
My brother's girlfriend's sorority has been looking for GI's to send packages to.  Chris is going to be one well fed, well taken care of man!
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My brother's girlfriend's sorority has been looking for GI's to send Hot College Womenz.  Chris is going to be one well fed, well taken care of man!

That truly warms my heart !

Seriously though...  What should we send out to Chris?

Rich, I'll make up a suggested list when I get a chance. If you're in a hurry for the info, call oe email me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 5:52:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's some suggestions:

Visine, lip balm, sunblock, gum, gatorade powder, baby wipes, toothbrush/paste, magazines, AT&T calling cards (only ones that work supposedly), camel skin condoms (so the camels don't notice the difference), chocolate bars, snack stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My brother's girlfriend's sorority has been looking for GI's to send Hot College Womenz.  Chris is going to be one well fed, well taken care of man!

That truly warms my heart !

Seriously though...  What should we send out to Chris?

Rich, I'll make up a suggested list when I get a chance. If you're in a hurry for the info, call oe email me.

Panties, man, have them send panties!
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#7]
well his unit sure is in a hurry.

we've been here in fort drum for over a month and we still don't know when we are leaving.

we are supposedly going to the big sandbox in the east, but they keep changeing our rail date.

who knows, maby if they keep delaying well go home before we get there...

send him my blessings, i may be joining him sometime, if we ever make up our minds where we are going.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys, can a NJ fella post here?

I've been  working with the USO at McGuire here in NJ, and WET WIPES are GOLD in the sandbox.  The travel size packs go out the door faster than we can restock.  Those, hard candy (no chocolate), phone cards, and any small size toiletries.  As any former military guy will tell you, size DOES matter.  
Cheers,
Kurt
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey guys, can a NJ fella post here?

Of COURSE a NJ guy can post here. Thanks for your input Kurt.

I'll say it again: "leisure items" like books, videos/dvds, board games are great for guys in the rear, but EVERYBODY can use the kind of hygeine items we take for granted.

BABY WIPES! Travel-size toothpaste, toothbrushes,  mouthwash, unscented deodorant, FOOT POWDER, and the like are always in high demand. Smaller the package the better as they can be given to an individual and fit in a cargo pocket.
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I think its great that everybody is looking out for Chris.  Anybody wanting to help the troops in general should check my post in the GD forum, my Masonic lodge is putting together care packages and shipping them out.  We are accepting cash donations from those seeking to make a difference in a soldier's life.  All help would be greatly appreciated.  Thread re: the care packages is taked in GD.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#11]
bump and tack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top