Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 4:26:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/18/2006 8:09:40 PM EST by Buck_Naked]
KGW

Amber Alert issued for girl abducted in Vancouver

06:03 PM PDT on Tuesday, April 18, 2006

By ANTONIA GIEDWOYN, kgw.com Staff

VANCOUVER, Wash. – A 10-year-old girl riding her bike was kidnapped from a busy Vancouver intersection Tuesday afternoon, triggering an Amber Alert and kicking off a search for the suspect’s car – a fairly recent model, yellow VW beetle with a temporary license plate, authorities said.

KGW photo

A Vancouver police officer takes the girl's bike away from the scene where it was left behind.

The girl was abducted at NE 112th Avenue and Gher, next to SR 500, about 2:45 p.m., according to police.

She was riding on the sidewalk when a man in a VW beetle approached and began talking to her, then pulled her into the vehicle and sped off through a red light, according to witness accounts provided by police.

Anyone who saw the vehicle or someone matching the victim's description is asked to immediately call the tip line at (360) 735-8826.

As of early Tuesday evening, police said they don't know the girl's name and it's likely her parents aren't yet aware that she's missing. Police were not aware of any missing persons reports that had yet been filed.

Officers were pulling over yellow VW beetles in the area. They also roped off a nearby parking lot.

The girl was described as having long blonde hair in a ponytail and was wearing blue spandex pants and tie-dyed T-shirt. She is 4-feet-5 tall and weighs about 70 lbs.

The kidnapper was described as a white man with short brown hair.

Police took the bike, which was left at the scene.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:56:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:04:10 PM EST
..and now yellow bugs with temp/dealer tags all over the state are being called into the telemarket center.

I hope they catch the bastard soon.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:16:48 PM EST
I was at my daughters track meet at Prairie HS. I wondered what the choppers were doing. Hope they take the perp out. and the girl gets home safe.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:18:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/18/2006 5:20:13 PM EST by jonathon]

That is a very busy area out there... surprised it just "happened" and no one did anything

ETA: Guess I shouldn't be surprised.. most times people just sit there and look stupid when this crap happens..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:44:08 PM EST
Hopefully they find her.

I saw the news choppers flying around in Battle Ground and wondered what was up.

Just yesterday, I turned around and went and checked out a suspicious guy looking at a school girl.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:58:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/18/2006 7:18:00 PM EST by sixgunsblazing]
Just got cancelled, haven't found out why yet..

ETA, might have been a hoax:

KING5.com

VANCOUVER, Wash. - The AMBER Alert for an unknown girl has been canceled. The investigation found no reports of missing children and no one else witnessed the abduction other than the initial complainant.

Hundreds of phone calls were received that revealed no further witnesses to the abduction.
www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_041806WABamberalertJK.4b0307ff.html

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:54:11 PM EST
Ain't the first hoax from this area as of lately if that is what it turns out to be. I hope they send this lady the bill and let her sit in a cell and think about the shitstorm she caused if she made it up.

There was a alleged home invasion robbery attempt around the corner a few months ago that had similar coverage and way to many holes in the story also.

What is up with people pulling shit like this??

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:53:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Belial:
Ain't the first hoax from this area as of lately if that is what it turns out to be. I hope they send this lady the bill and let her sit in a cell and think about the shitstorm she caused if she made it up.

There was a alleged home invasion robbery attempt around the corner a few months ago that had similar coverage and way to many holes in the story also.

What is up with people pulling shit like this??

Try not to figure it out... makes your brain hurt..

Heck, I still can't figure out why people would hurt children, but that is me...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:26:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Just got cancelled, haven't found out why yet..

ETA, might have been a hoax:

KING5.com

VANCOUVER, Wash. - The AMBER Alert for an unknown girl has been canceled. The investigation found no reports of missing children and no one else witnessed the abduction other than the initial complainant.

Hundreds of phone calls were received that revealed no further witnesses to the abduction.
www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_041806WABamberalertJK.4b0307ff.html

In this case guy's you need to blame the Police, and then the WSP...

There was no criteria to enter the Amber alert in the first place. NONE!...You have to have a missing persons report filed for an amber alert to start, and there never was anything more than a empty bicycle, with some lady who was questionable in the first place (prob pissed off that some kid left a bike ifo her place).

It made life in the "Telemarket Center" hell also. and we have had more false alerts in this state then good ones.

Now granted one child saved (and there have been dozens now) makes the system worth it, but the Po-Po's really need to know what qualifies, and what dont (This is another case of cops sitting for long hours in a manditory,boring,long ass class, so they fall asleep and lose focus)...The part that pisses me off is WSP went ahead and entered it anyway!

Thank you, I feel better now.

Top Top