Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/10/2013 11:13:15 AM EDT
Quick question. Is it ok to ship a firearm from one WI resident to another WI resident within the borders of WI or does any shipment have to go through an FFL?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:58:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2013 12:00:43 PM EDT by MateFrio]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State.

A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 478.31 and 478.30]

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:05:48 PM EDT
Thank you. I'm not sure how I missed that in my googling.
Top Top