User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 11:51:34 AM EDT
HERE
You are welcome
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Dewd...whoa...

Unfortunately I am so poor I could barely afford the lower. Much less the ensuing build...

What did stripped lowers top out at when things were lean? I don't really remember. I guess things are coming full circle.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If the lowers are as good as the other products they offer then we have a winner!
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dewd...whoa...

Unfortunately I am so poor I could barely afford the lower. Much less the ensuing build...

What did stripped lowers top out at when things were lean? I don't really remember. I guess things are coming full circle.

I saw as high as $150 during the Obama rush for a stripped lower.  Of course, Cheaper than Dirt was charging $299.99 with thier -20% discount.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If the lowers are as good as the other products they offer then we have a winner!

They are!

I have two of their SAFE/FIRE marked lowers.

The trick is finding a transfer for less than $30...

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
50 - lower
7  - shipping
5.50 - tax
25-30 transfer

If you played your cards right shipping and transfer would be more than the lower!  If it wasn't for the whole straw buy thing I'd send my dad down there to pick a couple up.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are!

I have two of their SAFE/FIRE marked lowers.

The trick is finding a transfer for less than $30...

I've got one of the pictogram marked lowers and it is really nice. I've got all my parts to put it together, but haven't yet as I need to get it engraved.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
50 - lower
7  - shipping
5.50 - tax
25-30 transfer

If you played your cards right shipping and transfer would be more than the lower!  If it wasn't for the whole straw buy thing I'd send my dad down there to pick a couple up.

Tax?

I think you only pay tax of you order it with parts.  Then you get the Fed excise tax.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
"Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed."

That's what the PSA website said...
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed."

Order the lower separate from any other parts you order and you shouldn't be taxed.

ETA: That's how I understand it...
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I ordered mine separately and never paid tax.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had me worried there for a minute.......  

Please remember no group buy.

If anyone posts about starting one, I will have to lock the thread.

Thanks!

This is better than a group buy, It's a free for all

Wait......This is NOT a group buy, just tryin' to help my brothers out with some reasonably priced lowers available to all thru PSA
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

what the heck is the excise tax all about?  that is some BS in my opinion.

great find on stripped lowers!  I have been wanting to put in an order with them, this might have put me over the edge!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top