Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 7:06:00 AM EDT by Slug-O]
Well it happened like this..... I just wanted to go fishing on the grass flats for 2 or 3 hours on Sunday . The wind was bisk... about 20 to 25 coming out of the NE but I was going to be out of the wind fishing for Reds and Sheephead behind an island so who cares..... Well I set out in my 14 foot john boat that is rigged for flats and the wind chop in the river is bad. I get half way out and I hit a big chop and it happens..... Like in slow motion I watch my Minn Kota 55lb Rip Tide trolling motor come off the mount hit the deck and fall into the river......Not a DAMN thing I could do but watch it go over. I try to throwing for it about 5 minuets and I take sooooo much water over the side from the chop that I have to leave so not to sink. I should have staid home. I want out yesterday for 2 hours and dragged the area but nothing...... Well that sucked!!!!! It was almost brand new!!!!

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:03:42 AM EDT
Know any divers?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:31:06 AM EDT
even if you get it back it's probably shot now. losing things over the side sucks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:14:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By snail50:
even if you get it back it's probably shot now. losing things over the side sucks.

I doubt its shot. If you can recover it, it'll just have to dry out for a week or so AFTER you submerge it in freshwater and rinse it real well. If you know any divers worth their regulators and have a good idea of where you lost it, I'd say go fetch it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:19:44 AM EDT
Not sure where you're located, but if the bait shrimpers drag the flats there like they do here, it's already gone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:52:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FB41:

Originally Posted By snail50:

I doubt its shot. If you can recover it, it'll just have to dry out for a week or so AFTER you submerge it in freshwater and rinse it real well. If you know any divers worth their regulators and have a good idea of where you lost it, I'd say go fetch it.

I'm not too familiar with trolling motors, so I was ASSuming that it was an electric kicker.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
I draged a jetty achor for 2 hrs and threw a cast net also.I had a 30 yd by 40 yd good idea of where it went over. Trust me on all the confusion I did mybest to get a pinpoint of where it went over at. The bottom is really muddy and its been blowing for 3 days at 20 mph here so seeing in the water is not going to happen.

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:50:54 AM EDT
WALMART has the best price on new ones.

Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:09:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slug-O:
Well it happened like this..... I just wanted to go fishing on the grass flats for 2 or 3 hours on Sunday . The wind was bisk... about 20 to 25 coming out of the NE but I was going to be out of the wind fishing for Reds and Sheephead behind an island so who cares..... Well I set out in my 14 foot john boat that is rigged for flats and the wind chop in the river is bad. I get half way out and I hit a big chop and it happens..... Like in slow motion I watch my Minn Kota 55lb Rip Tide trolling motor come off the mount hit the deck and fall into the river......Not a DAMN thing I could do but watch it go over. I try to throwing for it about 5 minuets and I take sooooo much water over the side from the chop that I have to leave so not to sink. I should have staid home. I want out yesterday for 2 hours and dragged the area but nothing...... Well that sucked!!!!! It was almost brand new!!!!

Slug-O

Should have went shooting with us sunday. See it's God's way of telling you your'e not shooting enough.

Jake
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:05:29 PM EDT
Dont Fuckning rub it in Jake

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Slug-O:
Dont Fuckning rub it in Jake

Slug-O

Well at least U did not loose your job like I did Tuesday. Time to go job hunting again. I think I will use the system this time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
Coulda been one of your rifles...............
Top Top