Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 3/23/2009 8:27:15 PM EDT
is the .22 conversion kit for the ar worth it?

any problems with it?

do you have one? do you use it often?
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:52:17 AM EDT
I have a second hand .22 kit for my AR that i bought off the EE 3-4 years ago. It is supposedly a surplus Airforce training model. (Never have tried to comfirm this)

All I know is that it works well, accurate, no FTF.

It came with two 10 round mags, both work great. I do wish they were 30 rounders, but oh well.

I honestly dont use it much, but its fun when I get it out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:12:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:52:30 PM EDT
I have the Spike's kit. I like it so far. I'd say it's worth it for the savings on ammo and the fact that I don't really have a place to shoot past 25yds around here.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:12:41 PM EDT
just looking for opinions on them , i went and ordered one and a couple of extra mags for it, so i'll give it a try and if i don't like it i'll just sell it ....
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 8:28:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By greenflea:
just looking for opinions on them , i went and ordered one and a couple of extra mags for it, so i'll give it a try and if i don't like it i'll just sell it ....

If you don't like it, I got dibs
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:27:17 PM EDT
I've got the Spike's kit and love it.

Definitely worth the money IMO.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:39:05 PM EDT
depending on weather this weekend i'll give it a try.

hopefully on saturday i'll get to shoot it...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:57:29 PM EDT
I just order the Spikes Dedicated Upper as well, so I will let you guys know ASAP. I hear good things though
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2009 6:38:36 PM EDT by greenflea]
well i took it out to mayflower today...

i bought the cmmg .22 kit with the black dog mag which says it it a 27 round, could only get 26 in it tho..
i had 3 boxes of .22 to shoot 1 box of fed bulk and 2 remington bulk packs..

oh and the range geeks were keeping the brass cleaned up so you had to keep an eye on your empties....lol

well the first mag was filled with remington and it sucked right from the start, first round didn't want to go in all the way but with a little push it chambered.
that should have been my first clue that it didn't like the remington golden bulk pack rounds, every round would get stuck or not fully chamber.
so i loaded up the other mag i got and it did the same thing.

i then loaded a mag with the federal bulk pack stuff and it chambered the first round with minor help, every round after that chambered like it should have and fired.

i don't know if it was the kit or the mags but the federal stuff worked, maybe it was the fact that they were wax coated and the remington are not.

next weekend i'm gonna try some other brands and let you guys know.

later.....
Top Top