Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/27/2006 8:11:21 AM EDT
How many of you Missouri guys are finding decent .223 at Wal-Mart? I live in the Washington Missouri area and I can travel a ways if I have to.

The only .223 ammo I am finding for a decent price is Remington in a green and white box and its is marked "BEB" which is only good for the shooting range.

Do you guys know of any other Wal-Marts or other stores that have decent .223?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:06:18 AM EDT
Most Wal-Mart's carry winchester white box.
Ammo shopping @ Wal-Mart will leave you wantng more....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:22:14 AM EDT
I get most of my ammo on line, but Bass Pro in St. Charles has plenty of shiny new Winchester Q3131 for sale. Many Walmarts and Sports authority's have Q3131 as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:22:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 11:24:08 AM EDT by RedRyder21]
Do you really ever have enough? My problem is that all the Wal-Mart I go to never have FMJ or SP .223 ammunition.

They just have the stuff for range shooting and for varmint hunting that sosts an arm and a leg...

Thanks for the advice! I was focusing on a CETME that I have as my "go to" rifle, but my AR is now my go to rifle, but I need more ammo for it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:37:50 AM EDT
Well, if ya gotta buy ammo wally world has as good as price as most and better than many. Personally, I reload. With my latest loads (for fun and peactice only ammo) I am down to somewhere under 7 cents a pop.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:07:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GaryM:
Well, if ya gotta buy ammo wally world has as good as price as most and better than many. Personally, I reload. With my latest loads (for fun and peactice only ammo) I am down to somewhere under 7 cents a pop.

Gary, 7 cents a pop? Wow .... what bullet do you use and where did you get them from? Powder? I assume you pick up your brass? From the local range perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:58:40 AM EDT
Bullets, primers, and powder from www.hi-techammo.com (You can pick up from them in person and save shipping) brings my 9mm and 223 to cents a round. Bullet casting and surplus powder brings my 45-70 to 7 cents per round as well. Heck, I dont have a gun right now that has ammo that costs more than 12-15 cents to shoot (12 gauge birdshot, 14 cents a round). Sure, I CAN buy more expensive ammo, but the plinking ammo is ALL less than 15 cents each with most being under 10 cents.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:03:50 PM EDT
Hey RedRyder21 just wanted to say hey, I grew up in and around Washington myself my parents just recently sold their house there and moved up to KC with us. If I'm ever back in the old stomping grounds we'll have to go burn up some wally world ammo.

Justin
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:46:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT by GaryM]
Brass= reuse the thousands of cases I have now.
primers=2.00 per 100 lot ( I use benchrest primers for everything including ARs, you can easily save a bit more here)(Oh, I have NOT had any problems with slamfiring either)
bullets=26.00 per 1000 lot (Hi tech Ammo)
powder= AA1680, 59.00 for 8 lbs (Also hi-tech ammo)
I know the powder is a fast one but the load data is out of the 2002 AA load guide, I have been warned it won't cycle 20" barrels well but does work fine in carbines. Oh, powder weight is 19grs.
All this works out for a grand total of about 6.6 cents per shot. I haven't been able to really test it yet but as long as it goes bang and sends a bullet at a reasonable velocity downrange it is perfect for what I want it for, a truly cheap plinking/MoDCC carbine course round.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:05:47 PM EDT
What's the going price of Walmart .223 white box?

Seems prices of .223 and all ammo in general has been moving a lot over the last year or so.

I looked today and Q3131A is now over $200 a case wholesale (before shipping or picking it up).

Remington UMC, Fed Amer Eagle, and Win WB 55 FMJ is now just under $200 a case wholesale (before shipping or picking it up).

I use to see Fed LC XM193 for just over $150. Has this all been sold?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 11:19:57 AM EDT by HRSGRUNNER]

Originally Posted By SUB_MG:
What's the going price of Walmart .223 white box?

Seems prices of .223 and all ammo in general has been moving a lot over the last year or so.

I looked today and Q3131A is now over $200 a case wholesale (before shipping or picking it up).

Remington UMC, Fed Amer Eagle, and Win WB 55 FMJ is now just under $200 a case wholesale (before shipping or picking it up).

I use to see Fed LC XM193 for just over $150. Has this all been sold?

SUB_MG,

I bought the last box of white 40 rd. value pack @ wally world last Friday for $7.73. The clerk said they get about 8 boxes every now and then.

I just recieved 500 rounds of A223AM Adcom .223 62grn M855 Ball from AIM @ $89.95 shipped to my door. It has some minor dings but looks very clean.

If you got a close place we can go blast some this weekend when I pick up the AK

Heres a link to some Affordable stuff
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:53:16 PM EDT
HRSGRUNNER,

Thanks for the info. That Walmart price is not bad if they had a enough to make it worth your time. I used a lot of the .223 and .308 from that link over the last few years at the MG shoots. Worked great for me but they have been out of stock for a long time. I've been told you can place an order but then it may be months before they get some more surplus rounds in and ship it.

I would love to go shooting this weekend if you can find a place close to us. I've been wanting to go but the only place close is Lake City so full auto and shooting on the move is out.

Give me a call when you have time and come by to pick up your AK
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:14:56 PM EDT
Hey Sub go to the Independence Wally's out by the center the sports guy there once asked me how much I wanted and he had more in the back... I have bought thousand lots at that store before but you can do better on price if you order on line sometimes....
Top Top