Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 6:14:46 AM EDT
I think I can safely say that most of us Yanks here at AR15.COM are Right of Center(some more than others ). I would assume the same about you Brits, but you know what they say about assuming!

So which are you?

1. Right as rain.
2. Center, like the yellow line on roads.
3. Left as a loon.
4. Other.

Please don't feel restrained by these options, choose others if it suits you best.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a poll is in order.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTP,

Political Compass

ETA Left Wing Liberal myself

James,
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IBTP,

Political Compass

James,

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97

OH MY GOD, I'm a leftie, tree hugging hippie!!

ETA Left Wing Liberal myself - me too!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#5]
wow, I'm suprised by you guys...

My Politcal Compass

Economic Left/Right: 6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.18

take that ya commie pinkos!

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10

Guess I'm just a fence sitter

ps,.........stupid test

Mark
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTP,

Political Compass

James,

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97

OH MY GOD, I'm a leftie, tree hugging hippie!!

ETA Left Wing Liberal myself - me too!

...quick man grab your AR and shoot something small and furry!

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm down there with Gandhi!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, maybe we should change the name of the forum to the UK People's Revolutionary Party Congress or sumthin'...

If I remember correctly, I got a +.25 on econ and dead center on the social.  Is that enough to keep my right-winger credentials or do I need to adjust my windage further starboard?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#11]
According to the Political Compass, I'm 2 points left and 1 point libertarian.

Well, I don't know about that, I would have said I was nearer the right than that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, maybe we Americans really are much more right-leaning than people of the other western powers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, maybe we Americans really are much more right-leaning than people of the other western powers.

That's true Miracle_Pants, what you guys would consider a left wing liberal would be so far to the right of our politics as to be considered a neo-con extremist!

ANdy

Left Wing..............................................................Centre.............................................................Right WIng

.............................Labour/Conservatives...................................................................Democrats... Republicans

Fixed it for you Vito. With true-blue Tony at the helm it's hard to see the join in policies.

I don't think the swing-ometer is totally accurate. Is the centreline drawn for a UK political centre, or an American center, or even a French centre (just to the right Lenin?)? The result is not quite what I'd have expected for myself, but then some of the answers are too rigid when you just aren't that specific, how about an 'I don't care' option instead of 'agree/disagree'.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Good point… I keep forgetting Blair is a neo-Con, but fear not!!!  With Gordon at the helm I'm sure we can look forward to 'Old' Labour making a dazzling return!

Swing-o-meter is Anglo, the Phrench are left of left and left of extreme left as you rightly observe, I don't regard Phrance as a 'democracy' either…

ANdy

I rarely regard the french at all, and certainly when I do, as only just human (or maybe they are the missing link ).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top