Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2013 5:20:56 PM EDT
Seems the left is playing dirty... no suprise there.  

Sore Losers

I am calling for a firemission of sorts... I went to Amazon and wrote a 5 star review to counter this..

Do so if you choose because if we don't get a little dirty and use their own tactics against them we are surly going to lose in the long run.

WP
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
By any chance, did you post this in GD yet? It's worthy of it and I don't want to dupe.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By any chance, did you post this in GD yet? It's worthy of it and I don't want to dupe.
View Quote

I have not... feel free...
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone is so concerned about book reviews, this should make peoples fucking heads explode...

John Doe

Are people even aware this is going on?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Sweet bro... looks like it gained some steam over night.....  

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Everyone is so concerned about book reviews, this should make peoples fucking heads explode...

John Doe

Are people even aware this is going on?
View Quote

Yes my friend I am aware of that... and you guys should be F'ing pissed.  I really don't see how that is even legal.  Raids on peoples homes?  WTF is up with that.  

I (and a whole lot of others) are pulling for you WI...  I spent a lot of time in SE WI when I was a kid and was my fathers adopted home for over 20 years.  I was with him in Kenosha when he died..... So a part of me will always remain there......

He would be proud of what has happened in your state as much as I am....  Keep up the fight...

NOW! is the time to take the fight to the F'ing lefties...... DON'T give up the ground you have won!!!  

This is OUR country!  WE THE PEOPLE must do whatever it takes to keep it that way....

Good luck and stay safe you Cheezeheads.....
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Lot's of lefty butthurt going around. Lefty DOJ is doing raids on election contributers or somesuch on Walker supporters. Chicago tactics at it's finest.

AFSCME is especially butthurt because they are losing a foothold in WI. The Dept. of Corrections recently told them to FOAD because they weren't getting shit done and taking a lot of money out of their paychecks in return. Union members voted in a different union. AFSCME actually took it to a legal battle in order to make the employees keep them and not switch. They lost, and now the DOC has a different union that supposedly is more receptive and doesn't rape their paychecks. I'm not sure if other departments are doing the same.

Not that I think it matters. They can't strike by law. Why the hell have a union if you have no leverage?

In any case, I recall a chart I saw a while back ranking states on how much of their pension plans were actually funded. Wisconsin fell in at #1 (99%+) on being funded. Any public employee should be grateful that they will not end up like Detriot employees, that will have their pensions and retirements raped because the city is bankrupt.

It won't matter that his policies are working. The left will continue to demonize him and ignore the facts. Par for the course.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lot's of lefty butthurt going around. Lefty DOJ is doing raids on election contributers or somesuch on Walker supporters. Chicago tactics at it's finest.

AFSCME is especially butthurt because they are losing a foothold in WI. The Dept. of Corrections recently told them to FOAD because they weren't getting shit done and taking a lot of money out of their paychecks in return. Union members voted in a different union. AFSCME actually took it to a legal battle in order to make the employees keep them and not switch. They lost, and now the DOC has a different union that supposedly is more receptive and doesn't rape their paychecks. I'm not sure if other departments are doing the same.

Not that I think it matters. They can't strike by law. Why the hell have a union if you have no leverage?

In any case, I recall a chart I saw a while back ranking states on how much of their pension plans were actually funded. Wisconsin fell in at #1 (99%+) on being funded. Any public employee should be grateful that they will not end up like Detriot employees, that will have their pensions and retirements raped because the city is bankrupt.

It won't matter that his policies are working. The left will continue to demonize him and ignore the facts. Par for the course.
View Quote

Now that the unions have to recertify to maintain status, it's amusing to see who REALLY wants to be in a union. No surprise that most don't want to have anything to do with a union. I guess all the bloviating the unions did claiming that members loved being in the union was all just bs like we thought.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now that the unions have to recertify to maintain status, it's amusing to see who REALLY wants to be in a union. No surprise that most don't want to have anything to do with a union. I guess all the bloviating the unions did claiming that members loved being in the union was all just bs like we thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I wonder why.

BTW, you should probably pay your dues.

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Gee, I wonder why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69GGfLpe9c
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I wonder why.

Love that video! Thanks for sharing. I wish I would have found that earlier.

It hits the nail right on the head. How many companies have gone under, or gone bankrupt because the union put them there? Many!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Gave the book a raving review.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I may have to buy it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It hits the nail right on the head. How many companies have gone under, or gone bankrupt because the union put them there? Many!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee, I wonder why.

Being from eastern NC I have seen the textile industry be destroyed by unions...... Entire town economy's down the tubes...
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Being from eastern NC I have seen the textile industry be destroyed by unions...... Entire town economy's down the tubes...

I thought it was the cheap labor in China??? Or was it Mexico???
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I thought it was the cheap labor in China??? Or was it Mexico???
View Quote

Perhaps you can clarify your comment. What is it that you mean?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Todd, I think he's saying that people fail to look at both sides of the labor market equation.  If labor prices are higher here than they are elsewhere, then labor prices here must come down to equilibrate to total market realities; otherwise jobs going overseas because of the artificially high labor prices here.  Now, I would also say that regulation has a lot to do with it (countries like Mexico or China make the bribe system faster and more transparent than the lobbying system in the US), but the point is valid.

Look at the current McDonald's protests in Milwaukee; economically illiterate useful idiots standing around parroting tag lines on issues they don't understand.  Not because they don't have the capacity for that understanding, but because  PC newspeak and conflation of terms renders them unable to think about the issues in any real way.  They have been literally taught and brainwashed into an unthinking state.

Kepp your powder dry fellas; the people protesting now are the ones with the wherewithall to actually get a job and show up for it.  Imagine when the EBT cards don't work for a few weeks and the WIC payments don't come through.

Tough history coming.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Todd, I think he's saying that people fail to look at both sides of the labor market equation.  If labor prices are higher here than they are elsewhere, then labor prices here must come down to equilibrate to total market realities; otherwise jobs going overseas because of the artificially high labor prices here.  Now, I would also say that regulation has a lot to do with it (countries like Mexico or China make the bribe system faster and more transparent than the lobbying system in the US), but the point is valid.

Look at the current McDonald's protests in Milwaukee; economically illiterate useful idiots standing around parroting tag lines on issues they don't understand.  Not because they don't have the capacity for that understanding, but because  PC newspeak and conflation of terms renders them unable to think about the issues in any real way.  They have been literally taught and brainwashed into an unthinking state.

Kepp your powder dry fellas; the people protesting now are the ones with the wherewithall to actually get a job and show up for it.  Imagine when the EBT cards don't work for a few weeks and the WIC payments don't come through.

Tough history coming.
View Quote

I figured he was probably saying something like that, but with a lack of clarity.

Outsourcing is a consumer and labor driven problem.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I figured he was probably saying something like that, but with a lack of clarity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough history coming.

,with a whole bunch of GREED thrown in.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tough history coming.

I find it funny that our only announced dem candidate for gov has a business that has sent jobs to china.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:38:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Interesting... the only way "greed" can be damaging is through coercion; that is to say, through mercantilism or brute force, not free market capitalism.  If you think "greed" is a problem, blame government, not the individuals acting in their own self-interest (which we are expected to do by "nature and nature's god...").

Two people acting "greedy" come together and trade things that are respectively worth less to themselves than the other party with no coercion, and you witness the creation of wealth out of thin air.  If you start to think you can tell people what is worth more or less, or to what degree they should seek to build their wealth, you are a collectivist, and therefore, wrong.

Maybe I will change my location to Somalia; it seems we have many sheep here that need tending.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Free market capitalism isn't free. It takes lots of money to buy political favors that are not in the best interest of the country as a whole. Ship jobs to China, then pay for the "welfare" of the ghetto freeloaders who aren't working. Who pays for this subsidizing? You call this system,"free market"? I call it F'ed up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Free market capitalism isn't free. It takes lots of money to buy political favors that are not in the best interest of the country as a whole. Ship jobs to China, then pay for the "welfare" of the ghetto freeloaders who aren't working. Who pays for this subsidizing? You call this system,"free market"? I call it F'ed up.
View Quote

Then what do you suggest?

ETA:

Yes unions collect money to buy political favors.

Outsourcing is driven by consumers who want lower priced goods. Stock holders who want better dividends. And the stranglehold the union has on many of our industries nation wide.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ETA:

Outsourcing is driven by consumers who want lower priced goods. Stock holders who want better dividends. And the stranglehold the union has on many of our industries nation wide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I would suggest moving to Mexico. Then you can see what our middle class will be like, if our country stays on it's present coarse. The middle class is going down with the unions. Stranglehold, if you could ever call it that, was way back when the middle class was still growing, and the poor people had jobs.

Unions collect money from workers that make "thousands" a year in pay to buy political influence,  the super rich buy influence with their "billions" of dollars. Thousands vs billions..........who is winning that battle?

Really, I think we are F'ed, and things are beyond fixing, with the way our whole system works. Enjoy your life now, I don't think it's ever going to get any better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would suggest moving to Mexico. Then you can see what our middle class will be like, if our country stays on it's present coarse. The middle class is going down with the unions. Stranglehold, if you could ever call it that, was way back when the middle class was still growing, and the poor people had jobs.

Unions collect money from workers that make "thousands" a year in pay to buy political influence,  the super rich buy influence with their "billions" of dollars. Thousands vs billions..........who is winning that battle?

Really, I think we are F'ed, and things are beyond fixing, with the way our whole system works. Enjoy your life now, I don't think it's ever going to get any better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perhaps it is you who should move?

Now that you have skirted the question. Will you please answer it now?

You made comments where you said free market capitalism is fucked up.

What is your alternative? What is your plan for something that is better?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I don't have any alternatives. All I can say is that a Democracy without enough patriotism will not work forever. I just think too many people, rich and poor are gaming the system, at the expense of our countries survival. I think it is slowly falling apart. I always thought that "do onto others, as you would have them do onto you" is a good way of thinking.

Why move, I'm living a comfortable life. Moving away from problems, that's what is going on south or our border. They seem to think that moving to the U.S. Is the answer. I think they should fix their F'ed up country......easy money vs patriotism.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I just think too many people, rich and poor are gaming the system, at the expense of our countries survival. I think it is slowly falling apart.
View Quote

Absolutely.... but who is to blame? The "gamers", or the politicions who set up the "system" that allows it, just to get the votes and get elected? I didn't get my free "Obama phone" or my "Obama money", did you?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Absolutely.... but who is to blame? The "gamers", or the politicions who set up the "system" that allows it, just to get the votes and get elected? I didn't get my free "Obama phone" or my "Obama money", did you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just think too many people, rich and poor are gaming the system, at the expense of our countries survival. I think it is slowly falling apart.

That's the poor end of the problem.........what about the other end of the problem? The politicians that encourage the shipping of jobs out of the country, as opposed to helping them keep them here. What about all the money they spend supporting the industrial/military complex to "save the world", when our own country is falling apart?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's the poor end of the problem.........what about the other end of the problem? The politicians that encourage the shipping of jobs out of the country, as opposed to helping them keep them here. What about all the money they spend supporting the industrial/military complex to "save the world", when our own country is falling apart?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have I heard this before?

That's right. I remember!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#29]
She needs to lay off the decaf. About 5 seconds of that video made me want to punch her in the head.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What about all the money they spend supporting the industrial/military complex to "save the world", when our own country is falling apart?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's the poor end of the problem.........what about the other end of the problem? The politicians that encourage the shipping of jobs out of the country , as opposed to helping them keep them here. What about all the money they spend supporting the industrial/military complex to "save the world", when our own country is falling apart?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the poor end of the problem.........what about the other end of the problem? The politicians that encourage the shipping of jobs out of the country , as opposed to helping them keep them here. What about all the money they spend supporting the industrial/military complex to "save the world", when our own country is falling apart?

And how do they do that? I'll tell you how... they tax the living shit out of companies doing business in the USA. And which political party advocates taxing the "rich" even more? "Eee-haw."(my imitation of a jackass sound ). The more you tax the "rich" corporations, the more they'll move jobs overseas to avoid those taxes... and I don't fucking blame them one tiny bit for doing so. If you want to keep them here, then you lower their taxes, not raise them. What's a better tax revenue.. 10-20% of billions, or 35-40% of nothing? The more you lower the taxable income stream by driving companies off-shore, the higher the percentage the tax must be to compensate. The higher the rate goes, more leave. Vicious circle. OTOH, the more you increase the taxable income (not only of the corporations but their USA employees too) by keeping them here by cutting their tax rates, the lower the tax rate needs to be to get the same revenue. But greed takes over... govt greed.

Govt spending is out of control (both sides guilty), so why should anyone give them more money to piss away? Patriotism? LOL. How much extra of your income over and above your taxes did you donate to the IRS to be Patriotic?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And how do they do that? I'll tell you how... they tax the living shit out of companies doing business in the USA. And which political party advocates taxing the "rich" even more? "Eee-haw."(my imitation of a jackass sound ). The more you tax the "rich" corporations, the more they'll move jobs overseas to avoid those taxes... and I don't fucking blame them one tiny bit for doing so. If you want to keep them here, then you lower their taxes, not raise them. What's a better tax revenue.. 10-20% of billions, or 35-40% of nothing? The more you lower the taxable income stream by driving companies off-shore, the higher the percentage the tax must be to compensate. The higher the rate goes, more leave. Vicious circle. OTOH, the more you increase the taxable income (not only of the corporations but their USA employees too) by keeping them here by cutting their tax rates, the lower the tax rate needs to be to get the same revenue. But greed takes over... govt greed.

Govt spending is out of control (both sides guilty), so why should anyone give them more money to piss away? Patriotism? LOL. How much extra of your income over and above your taxes did you donate to the IRS to be Patriotic?

Guess our system is not a workable system anymore........we are in a race with one foot on the gas pedal, and one foot on the brake pedal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess our system is not a workable system anymore........we are in a race with one foot on the gas pedal, and one foot on the brake pedal.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bumper sticker response from someone who cannot refute a reasonable and sound argument. Not surprised.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only my opinion, but the libs in the Democrat Party have their foot on the gas pedal, heading us down the road to bankruptcy & oblivion. The conservative Repubs are pumping the brakes, but they're only slowing us down a little. Getting rid of the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Biden, Durbin, Feinstein, Baldwin, etc, is this country's best hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top