Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 4:08:23 PM EDT
Erik is an excellent instructor and the IPSC training was great!  

He gave many hints not only related to IPSC but also on gun and some tactical situation handling.  Definitely a must even for who will not get into IPSC.

I learned a lot on weapon handling and posture.  Also, very useful: how to handle a jammed AR.  My AR-10 started to complain after the 700 shots it poured downrange.  It was excellent to test the gun (and ours) limits.

However, despite my sore shoulder (after hundreds of 12ga and .308 shots I'd be ready to attend a full wek class.

Erik really teaches very well.  By using this techniques I was impressed on how I could place most of my rounds in the A zone.  I have to work a lot on the time, though.  :-)  

But, as people say.. practice, practice, practice...

Do not miss the next class!  It is worth every penny.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry I had to miss it.  I'll be looking for the next class.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok,
 Gonna have to catch one of these. Did you use open iron sites or optics?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ok,
 Gonna have to catch one of these. Did you use open iron sites or optics?

Open sights on the pistol and red dots on the shotgun (Bushnell Trophy) and the AR-10 (Aimpoint ML2).

My eyes are aging fast and I'm already on the bifocal stage.  As I do not like wearing them when shooting I use the red dots to help.

However, I got very nice results with a Glock, which is a pistol I had never touched before.  And the last time I shot a pistol was a Taurus more than 10 years ago.   I think the Glock  will be the one I'll buy.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Rossi,
   Thank you for the kind words.  You shot very well despite having to deal with the 308 when everyone else used 223.  Guys, you missed a good time. We got a little wet on Sunday afternoon, but only for a short time.  I think the total round count ended up being about 600 rounds pistol, 200+ shotgun, and 750+ rifle. On a side note, we had two shotguns break, and by the end of the day three rifles were jamming pretty consistently. I think a little oil may have solved the problem, but we'll find out next time. It was an excellent test of equipment and skills.  The next class is tentatively sometime in Feb. or March, but there might be an intensive, Pistol only class around the end of November, December. I'll keep you guys posted.

VSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top