Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2007 7:23:58 PM EDT
You guys get Leelanau County.  Assholes.  

I've never been to a finer slice of heaven.

It's gorgeous here.  

I have to go home tomorrow to...

wait for it...
Ohio
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]

I have to go home tomorrow to...

And don't come back!  We'll be sure to send you a Arf post card this time next year!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Next time just send your money and I'll spend it here in Michigan.

But it is truly beautiful, isn't it?  I have been to several states in the midwest and nothing compares to Michigan to its beauty.  I know that other states have their own spots too its just I havn't seen them yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
yes it is ,,, i live on the south end of lake leelanau . where did you stay?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Even better, we let you think you won the war and traded you all Toledo for the UP.

Suckers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yes it is ,,, i live on the south end of lake leelanau . where did you stay?

The Southern most spot on Omena Point.  Fire Lane 7.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]
collin,,,

now that is where i want to live... good friend of mine lives on kalchik rd... love (but sadly cannot afford to live on omena point) have you tried the new resteaunt/bar yet?
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for your tourist dollars. We need them!

You guys get plenty of our cash via the Ohio Troopers, who love to ticket michigan plates....
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#8]
rsgt513:  Knot, the new joint in Omena seems to be doing very well.  It is owned by a chef who has two or three other locations.  

I did not dine there, but my Mom and Dad took my daughter there.  They had great things to say about it.  

There seems to be a dearth of good dining in Leelanau County.  The only "nice" places seem to be Samuel's in Sutton's Bay and Knot.

I enjoy the touristy "Cove" in Leland, for no readily apparent reason.  O'Keefe's Firehouse Pub provided ungodly terrible service to my Sister in law.  

It is sad to see how awfully Northport is doing.  I suppose the lack of sewage facilities really hurts the town.  

Traverse City?  I avoid it like the plague.  

If you decide to go wine jumping.  I can recommend the Rose' at Willow.  I also found Bernie Rink's de Chenauc to be quite a fine quaff at Boskydel.  As usual, Leelanau Cellars did a great job with their Tall Ship Chardonnay.  Black Star Farms did not impress at the price point they were trying to sell at.  Chateau de Leelanau's Cabernet Franc and Chardonnays were vile.  I was once again favorably impressed by the creations at Raftshol, they do a fine job on the reds for the price.  The whites?  not so much.  Shady Lane Cellars was OK, but overpriced.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 4:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for your tourist dollars. We need them!

You guys get plenty of our cash via the Ohio Troopers, who love to ticket michigan plates....
NO crap, I remember that from when I was a kid. Ohio had more troopers sitting in the medians of I75 than at the local Dunkin' Donuts shop!!!!

I left the state and moved west but now I'm nearby again... Wife's family is still all there and she wanted to be closer and had a job offer that fit the bill too.

I'll be there this weekend (Grosse Pointe Woods ).

Can I carry at the city park there? Reunion is to be held at "Grosse Pointe Woods park" according to my wife's cousin. The family doesn't know I carry and several might be put off by it so I cannot really ask any of them.

Thanks in advance!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top