Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 4:40:09 PM EDT
Seriously looking at a new job in the area.  Might commute from the Allentown area (straight run on 222 and 30) for at least a while--don't want to move unless it works out well, and want to keep the kids in the same schools for a bit.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in Berks, work in Reading, 222 is an absolute nightmare during commuting time...may want to consider getting on 78 and looking at an alternate way to York from there. Right now though 78 in Hamburg is all F'd up.

Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in York and yes 222 to 30 is your best way I travel it every day. There is construction on 30 though in York limiting it to 1 lane at times but no major back logs thourgh out the day except rush hour.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I noticed going down for the interview.  

I have to BE there at 8am (left at 6:30 from A-town area) and had no problem, but returning at around noon, there were a bunch of trucks that slowed things down.

Looks like most of the construction around Hamburg is done (to some extent)...here's a tip:

Get off on the Lenhartsville exit and follow the old 22 route through Hamburg--avoid all of the stuff around Cabelas.

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Commuted from the Reading area to work in Lancaster for approximately 3 yrs.  222 to 30.  No major problems other than during the construction pahse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top