Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 6:16:29 AM EDT
just got my property tax bill from the county, it's increased almost 20% since last year. WTF is this? I'm pretty sure the land hasn't increased 20% in value in the last year. anyone else getting bills like this? BTW this is raw land in the middle of nowhere, so I didn't get any services for it at all, not even road maintainance.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine in Phoenix went up 25%

That is how they are going to make up for the drop in sales tax revenue.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Its because of school districts and fire districts no doubt, Since property values are down they have less money, so they raise thier rates to make it up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Cornville has it right. This is why we make sure the assessed value of the property is reduced. If you did it right it's almost a wash.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah we tried to vote against it in Phoenix just last month.... We lost. Apparently people like being taxed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top