Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2011 5:16:23 AM EDT
Looking for quiet .22 ammo for my bolt gun. Anybody every shoot aguila colibri? It says hand gun only.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have, they sometimes have a hard .time getting out of the barrel.  I also have some made by rws, they haVe the same issue.  You may try some .22 shorts and see how quiet they ,are.  I have some that are pretty quiet from lapua.  FYI, if you shoot them with the barrel inside of a trash can they are still kinda loud.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
bolt gun....go with the CB Longs. I've used them in a lever action .22 and a .22 revolver before I got my .22 silencer and they were pretty quiet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at the .22 Shorts from CCI just to shoot out of a revolver. or a Henry Lever Action.

Where can you get the best prices on the others mentioned?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I've shot quite a few super colibri's from an 18" barrel and a 26" with no problems.  I didn't find the SSS rounds to be much louder out of my 26" barrel and they stabilize for me out to 50 yards.  

NPT
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#6]
CCI CB Shorts

Only quiet out of a rifle, unless suppressed of course.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CCI CB Shorts

Only quiet out of a rifle, unless suppressed of course.

I use what ever CBs I can get my hands on.  The CB long are a little easier to handle.  Shot out of a Springfield 22LR singleshot they are really quiet.  Its my go- to to dispatch raccons and armadillos.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

CCI CB Longs are another route at 29gns and ~710fps.  They hit more than 50% harder than the Super Colibris, are still only about as loud as a cap gun and will reliably exit a rifle length barrel.  They will not however cycle any of my semi-auto guns.

+1

The CCI CB Longs are fairly quite out of a rifle length barrel. Out of the longish barrel of my CZ 452 Lux, the CB Longs are only slightly louder than the average pellet rifle, yet have decent penetration on small vermin (~rabbit sized critter capable).
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I use CB Shorts out of my old 1930's Mossberg bolt action on ground hogs in the backyard. Out of the 16" barrel they're quieter than my pellet gun and within 25 yards they're super accurate and drop the hogs on the first shot every time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#10]
RWS HP Subsonic.

CCI HP Subsonic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an old hardware-store gun Ranger .22 rifle. It shoots them,but poorly. If you shoot at white paper,you will see the bullet corkscrew to the paper,and group is about 6inches at 15 yards. Of course I checked,and gun shoots regular .22s real straight. It seems that bullet,at that speed and that rifle are not a good match. It groups about 3.in at 25 yards in a Ruger 10-22. When my supply runs out,I will go back to cci cb caps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

CCI CB Longs are another route at 29gns and ~710fps.  They hit more than 50% harder than the Super Colibris, are still only about as loud as a cap gun and will reliably exit a rifle length barrel.  They will not however cycle any of my semi-auto guns.

This....+1

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I use the Wolf MT or Aguila Super Extra.  Both are subsonic and pretty quiet.  The CB longs are quieter, bot not as accurate out of my rifles.  I have tried the Colibri ammo, and it is very quiet, but very anemic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top