Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2003 7:58:53 PM EDT
I resigned today and will be opening my own business in the next month or so.
I am really hyped about this, but nervous at the same time!!!
On the plus side it will give me a chance to hit the range more often for the next month!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.

What is the new business venture?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in the wireless industry.  I plan on opening a couple of stores.
I just got tired of coming up with ideas that made everyone else money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet!  Free airtime for TX ppl!  :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell yeah, hook us up Tony!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
HA I don't know about any free airtime, BUT if anyone needs something phone related I will hook them up at the wholesale price.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Yowza!  Does phone related stuff include phones?

Rob
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Robbo,
Usually your best deal on the phone is when you activate or upgrade your service.  
The carrier takes a hit on the cost of the equipment with the new contract (service) or contract renewal. An example of this is the phone you get for "free" with the service.  This phone will generally cost the carrier (or dealer) between $70-$120 depending on the system the phone is designed for.  I can help out if you have to replace a phone and do not have insurance or are still under contract (and the carrier will not help in the cost of the phone).  Otherwise unless you are local I wouldn't be able to help much.

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW while I am at it I’ll ask you guys a question...
What made you go into the shop/store you bought your phone at ???
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It was the only one in town at the time.  Sorry that won't help much.  Just make sure yours doesn't look like a XXX dealer like most of the ones I see look like.  With all the posters and crap over the windows you can't see in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was the only one in town at the time.  Sorry that won't help much.  Just make sure yours doesn't look like a XXX dealer like most of the ones I see look like.  With all the posters and crap over the windows you can't see in.

That's pretty funny...I was talking to a buddy of mine who is over the Houston area dealers for one carrier and described to him the "look" I was going for in  my store.  I then asked if there were any nice ones I could/should check out.  He said forget it about 99% of the stores look like crap.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I got a badass discount through my company on my celluar phone, so I switched to it a couple years ago.  

Say... can you get signal boosting equipment?  I've found some small units for car/home use, but they're hella expensive.  I need something I can plug in at home because I get crappy signal and most of the time can't even make outgoing calls...

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Good luck!  My wife is starting a home/small business computer support company and it's definitely a little scary.  (She has great rates, by the way.  Probably too good, I think.)

About appearance, I would be most interested in a place that is "professional" in appearance with good customer service.  My thinking is that this might encourage more business from large companies and less kids driving neon Neon ricers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Tonster,

Ok .. Im looking for a new Cingular GSM phone.. would you mind sending me some prices < via IM > on the nokia 3650 , motorola 720 and the ericson t616 .

Thanks

Cluster
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Store - What Store? - My Cell dealer was setup at the Gun show!

Seriously - I bought it at a gunshow, and based on his service I drove to the other side of town to his shop to get a hands free auto powered rig for the car.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
ericson t616 .

That's a SWEET phone.  I have it on AT&T GSM, and I absolutely love it.  I tried several different models, and I kept coming back to the 616.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top