Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 7:17:03 PM EDT
Saw your weather forecast for the next week....brrrr!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not looking good and I need a hair cut extremely bad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thought we were rid of you!!! JK of course. How’s Georgia? You fitting in with the peaches down there?

And yes.... it is Dayummmmmm cold here!
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It's pretty darn nice here.  Weather is definitely better, that's for sure.  It does tend to rain more often here but it keeps everything green.  I'm loving that there are trees everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh...and today it's 70 degrees.  Looks like y'all around 20 degrees at the moment.

Ironically, I really like the cold
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it's cold. But it's a wet cold.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, it's cold. But it's a wet cold.
View Quote

Yeah nothing like freezing fog. It’s supposed to be a little warmer today and tomorrow before the ass falls out Monday.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Probably won't happen but

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL....that's not real.....LOL!

Edit: that looks so unbelievable I had to go to the weather station and look.  

What the effin' eff eff!!

Damn you Oklahoma! You have the biggest, most awesome snow storm on record right after I move away????  FRICK! FRICK! FRICKIN FRICK FRICK!!! FRICKIN FRICKER!! FRICK YOU STATE!! YOU FRICKIN FRICKER!!!

WHERES THE FRICKIN TYLENOL...
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not the snow, it's the temps that we'll see.  Temps in the minuses.  We haven't been above freezing since a few days ago, and we won't see above freezing until sometime next week.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Damn you Oklahoma! You have the biggest, most awesome snow storm on record right after I move away????  FRICK! FRICK! FRICKIN FRICK FRICK!!! FRICKIN FRICKER!! FRICK YOU STATE!! YOU FRICKIN FRICKER!!!

View Quote
THEY say it's going to so cold the snow will be like those styrofoam balls that get everywhere, It won't stick just blow around, windshield wiper it off the car. You could always day trip back. Still got your OKC Gun Club membership I bet, Probably won't be too crowded.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not the snow, it's the temps that we'll see.  Temps in the minuses.  We haven't been above freezing since a few days ago, and we won't see above freezing until sometime next week.
View Quote

Yeah this is gonna suck! I have made all winter without digging out a heavy coat. Looks like tomorrow I will have to dig out my heavy carhart.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I was scrounging in the closet for something besides my M65  and found a heavy Dickies I have NO recollection of buying.
It's fatal flaw is no hood, though
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Our daughter just facetimed us from Gucci Walmart in Stillwater, impressive job of cleaning the shelves off, impressive job!  Stay warm down there
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was scrounging in the closet for something besides my M65  and found a heavy Dickies I have NO recollection of buying.
It's fatal flaw is no hood, though
View Quote

At least the important part is covered.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Take some pictures for me you guys!  I am so jealous.  

Oh, and watch out for Yeti's.  They'll be traveling from up north looking for fresh hunting grounds.  I suspect okies taste terrible but those Yeti's are probably really tired of eating Canadians.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought we always had to buy the hood for our dickies separately...

I have a carhart WITH a hood and I hate it, the hood that is. Damned thing is stiff as a board, always in the way and if I need to see something to the side, I have to turn my whole body to see it.

Maybe the tire chains I bought will see some use this year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought we always had to buy the hood for our dickies separately...

I have a carhart WITH a hood and I hate it, the hood that is. Damned thing is stiff as a board, always in the way and if I need to see something to the side, I have to turn my whole body to see it.

Maybe the tire chains I bought will see some use this year.
View Quote

Yeah that’s the bad part about Carharts. But you can spray them with silicone boots spray and they shed snow well and water better than soft cotton coats. I had some minor welding to do yesterday and I had to take the damn thing off because the hood kept pushing my welding hood down.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey Brandi, wish you were here.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
My dog was enjoying himself much more than I was.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hey Brandi, wish you were here.

https://i.imgur.com/fDK27Ge.png
View Quote

Me too......

At least until it warms up, then I'd rather be here
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#22]

So pretty! I figured y'all would have more snow than that by now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Me too......

At least until it warms up, then I'd rather be here
View Quote
It's 4 now.
Did you keep your Lincoln? Fix the sun roof? Or is a tarped up sun roof a sign of acceptance?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:54:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So pretty! I figured y'all would have more snow than that by now.
View Quote

That was this morning. We have quite a bit more now. The bad part is having to get out to feed the cows and chop holes in the ice on the ponds so they can drink. The snow I don't mind but this cold and wind chill sucks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Trying to stay warm, its fucking cold out there,
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Only 3 inches or so of snow north of Tulsa. Roads were ok driving to work. -4 out on the car thermometer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#27]
-3 outside, pretty sure the paper's in the yard somewhere, decides nothing happened in the world that won't keep.
They don't even use orange bags anymore,gotta look for the hole in snow, wade to it and dig it out.
Nah.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Snow drifted up outside my back door this morning.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's 4 now.
Did you keep your Lincoln? Fix the sun roof? Or is a tarped up sun roof a sign of acceptance?
View Quote

Funny you mention that.  We were planning on just having the roof pushed back up and having a metal plate welded into the hole and continue using it short term until we get rid of it.  Unfortunately that ice storm tree damage appears to have caused a lot of electrical issues as well.  It's been doing wonky stuff since it happened.  Now it's not starting after sitting for any length of time.  Fully charge it, few hours later...dead. It's a money pit at thus point.  Great for parts but that's it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Snow drifted up outside my back door this morning.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350389/20210215_075842_2_jpg-1826272.JPG
View Quote

Time to break out the ski's!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Not terribly warm, but it's self-imposed.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Close enough to an Oklahoma snowmobile right there.  Although I guess an Oklahoma snowmobile is whatever you happen to be driving lol.

Some of your cold finally reached me.  We have a "black ice warning" today.  Considering every road here is up and down and curvy it's pretty much no bueno.  Got a doctor visit today too so that may be fun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Cows always seem to have their calves during the worst weather. Storms seem to cause them to go into labor. Glad ours aren't due for a couple of months.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:52:47 AM EDT
[#35]
If you had to push something that big out of your hoohaw you'd want a giant ice pack afterwards too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
What happened to if its too cold for you its too cold for them, bring them inside?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What happened to if its too cold for you its too cold for them, bring them inside?

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tried that but my bull broke all of the wife's china.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#39]
LOL
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#40]
You could bring these guys in and warm them up. It looks like they need it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you had to push something that big out of your hoohaw you'd want a giant ice pack afterwards too.
View Quote

Haven't heard hoohaw since I was a kid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top