Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:44:45 PM EDT
Ok, since the "daily Florida ammo report" thread isn't updated very often, I wanted to post this out here to make sure everyone sees it. (No one has posted since I did in August)

GTO Airboats in Ocala (At I-75 and SR 326) has XM855 Green tip 62gr Penetrator rounds (5.56mm) in stock right now. I scored four boxes this afternoon. They have roughly 20 more left from what I saw. Price is $18.95 for 20 rounds. As far as I can tell, this is the exact same thing as the Winchester Ranger 62gr Penetrator rounds marked "For law enforcement only".

Just so  you know I'm not full of it:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37/loctavius/Bullets008.jpg
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37/loctavius/Bullets010.jpg

Now the question becomes, where can I find a place to set up some steel plate to shoot up?

Grab them while they are hot.

Thought this might be of interest since I have NEVER seen them stocked at any of the stores around Ocala before, and Internet prices I have seen have been higher than this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, since the "daily Florida ammo report" thread isn't updated very often, I wanted to post this out here to make sure everyone sees it. (No one has posted since I did in August)

GTO Airboats in Ocala (At I-75 and SR 326) has XM855 Green tip 62gr Penetrator rounds (5.56mm) in stock right now. I scored four boxes this afternoon. They have roughly 20 more left from what I saw. Price is $18.95 for 20 rounds. As far as I can tell, this is the exact same thing as the Winchester Ranger 62gr Penetrator rounds marked "For law enforcement only".

Just so  you know I'm not full of it:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37/loctavius/Bullets008.jpg
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv37/loctavius/Bullets010.jpg

Now the question becomes, where can I find a place to set up some steel plate to shoot up?

Grab them while they are hot.

Thought this might be of interest since I have NEVER seen them stocked at any of the stores around Ocala before, and Internet prices I have seen have been higher than this.

Whew. $19 per box. I picked up a couple hundred rounds of it a couple of years ago for $10 per 20 and I thought I got screwed then.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
OUCH Widners has them for .42 a round you should surf the net a little more. I have also found them on Gunbroker for .40 a round
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
did you ask for vaseline first or take it straight? lol

definately look around online, you could have done better
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Cut the new guy some slack....I've seen it go for 2x that much in other local shops. GTO is $$$ but they have alot of stock. This is Ocala we are talking about.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Did Norm give you a big kiss to go with that?

Yep. Ocala sux. Thank God for the internet.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Thanks Sir!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
did you ask for vaseline first or take it straight? lol

definately look around online, you could have done better

That's mean Sir, but F'n funny!!!!          
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a couple boxes of the Winchester Ranger 62gr Penetrator rounds marked "For law enforcement only" at the Palm Beach Gun Show this past weekend.  It was $12.99. per 20.  I've never shot it before, so wanted to check it out.  It was nice to see some of the prices falling a little (It was the guy that is always in the back, right corner)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cut the new guy some slack....I've seen it go for 2x that much in other local shops. GTO is $$$ but they have alot of stock. This is Ocala we are talking about.

I appreciate everyone letting me know I got screwed.

However, 99% of the sites that sell ammunition that I have personally run across I don't know a damn thing about, and as a result I don't trust them. Also, when I was searching for this particular ammo a month or so ago, I could not find one single site that had it in stock a the time.

This led me to believe that there as a run on it, along with all the other ammo, due to the rampant paranoia from the 'tards who actually think Obama is going to spend all of his political capital doing something like tripling ammo prices or trying to put serial numbers on individual bullets.

So, with all that taken in consideration, I jumped on the ammo. Expensive, yes. Convenient and simple to get - yes. Worth the trade-off for the price at the time, yes.

It is what it is - If you guys are right about prices on the 'net, then I only got taken for a bit over $40, and $40 one way or the other won't break me. But thanks for the concern.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks Sir!

Ok - here is the difference. This ammo you linked to is Serbian. I tend to pretty much buy American made ammo only. Hence the price difference of $10 a box. I'm content to spend the extra money to buy American.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
that Serbian ammo your talking about is top stuff......prvi makes good shit........and yes if you look around you can find American ammo for cheaper.....my local shop has LC M855 08 for $13 a box.......and XM193 for $9.99..........like we have been telling you, look around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top