Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:06:13 PM EDT
For those that don't know her story

On Saturday, October 16, 1991, Hupp and her parents were having lunch at the Luby's in Killeen. She had left her handgun in her car to comply with Texas state law at the time which forbade carrying a concealed weapon. When George Hennard drove his truck into the cafeteria and opened fire on the patrons, Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her weapon, but it was in her vehicle. Her father, Al Gratia tried to rush Hennard and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window and believed that her mother, Ursula Gratia, was behind her. Instead she watched as Hennard killed her parents and twenty-one other persons. He also wounded some twenty others. As a survivor of the Luby's massacre, Hupp testified across the country in support of concealed-handgun laws. She said that had there been a second chance to prevent the slaughter, she would have violated the Texas law and carried the handgun inside her purse into the restaurant.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanna_Hupp

She helped push Texas to pass the CHL bill.  She is a defender of the second amendments and I was very surprised to see her on Austin news talking about gun rights especially since all the media has been focused on gun control after the VT tragedy.

I went to her website www.suzannahupp.com and sent her a thank you note and she responded within a day.

If you feel the same way I do, feel free to drop her a note.  It's refreshing to see people take a pro gun rights stance at a time like this where it's so easy to bash guns and gun owners.

Thank you so much for your kind words!
sh
----- Original Message ----- From: <>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:33 AM
Subject: General Inquiry

> To: [email protected]
> From:
> Subject: General Inquiry
>
> Below is the result of your feedback form.  It was submitted by
> () on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at 02:33:32
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Subject: Thank you for standing up for the 2nd amendment
>
> Other: I'm sorry about your loss years ago which led to the passing
> of Texas CHL laws.
>
> Seeing you on many Austin news stations today brought a face and
> story to many central Texans.  Many people do not know the tragedy
> behind the Texas CHL law.  I was surprised that it got airtime
> seeing as how most of the stories today have been on more gun
> control.
>
> I just wanted to say thanks for being a supporter of the second
> amendment. It is sad that it takes a tragedy to make people aware
> of how insecure they really are and that self defense really falls
> into the hands of the individuals.
>
> Keep up the good work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top