Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 6:09:41 PM EST
Do not ask me how I know this, I'm not going to answer you.

ATF and local LE will be working the show VERY HEAVILY this weekend, undercover and otherwise, trying to knock out some busts. They got some grant money they have to spend, and they're going to spend it on O/T at the gun show, rather than fucking with the bangers and vatos down on West Washington street. Be even more cautious than usual this weekend about questionable transactions.

That is all.

QS
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:45:24 PM EST
Thanks for the heads up, I'm plannin on a Sunday visit!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:39:36 AM EST
Good info.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:01:50 AM EST
Word to the wise... don't do questionable transactions. I can't tell you how many times I've had an out of state buyer beg me to sell them gun without going through a dealer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:02:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By QuietShootr:
rather than fucking with the bangers and vatos down on West Washington street.
That is all.

QS

First laugh of my day, HOLMES!!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:28:23 AM EST
Great. I'm going today and I'm going to try to move one of my ARs. Now I have to worry about whether I'm getting set up by the ATF. I'm going to make double damn sure I see a drivers license and CCW before I make any deal.

Originally Posted By hoosierdaddy:
Word to the wise... don't do questionable transactions. I can't tell you how many times I've had an out of state buyer beg me to sell them gun without going through a dealer.

Yup, me too. I've had people try to tell me it's perfectly legal for me to do a FTF with them when they're from out of state.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:30:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 2:22:19 PM EST by Gungho_1989]
Went to the show this past weekend and seen some Questionalbe weapons for sale and folks buying didnt see anyone busted and havnt heard of any , know some of the dealers out there and havnt heard anything form them yet.

One thing that was a shame though was an old Dealer that has been doing shows since most of us were in Diapers got robbed there while leaving after the show closed for the day. Fella walked up behind him with a friggen hammer and clobbered him and took his money and carry peice. Seen him Saturday when we went back and the poor old fella was black and blue on the whole side of his head, Not sure of his age but looks to be in his 80's.
Did pick up the book on Indiana carry laws Excellent book and a much needed item for hoosiers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:58:32 PM EST
All I bought was ammo and a few parts. I did notice that there were fewer AR-15s than normal. I'm hoping for a very good October show. We'll see.

Now that I think about it, there did seem to be a lot of Sten guns and tubes for sale. I remarked to a friend that it was a hell of a thing to have Sten parts kits and receiver tubes with templates glued on at the same table. Even at the same show.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:07:19 AM EST
The thing that suprised me the most was the FN and HKG3 kit builds with the FLash hiders on them ( threaded barrels) ?! I asked one dealer about the one he had for sale and was told that as long as he has his US parts count the barrell can be threaded ?!!? (maybe I have just misunderstood all this time but a threaded barrel with a FH I thought was a no no)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:27 AM EST
I don't think there is anything wrong with the friendly warning, but shouldn't we always be very careful about with whom we engage in trades and sales?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:23:12 AM EST
I would be there..but I'm shooting this weekend....

You guys be careful....if you need a Lawyer...let me know...my wife is one and can find you a good one!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:44:29 PM EST
Looking forward to the Oct. show. See you there
Top Top