Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 8:48:37 AM EDT
Its actually in Smithsburg but the Hagerstown Police use it to qualify. Seems some people know about it but the only way to find it is word of mouth. Makes me happy!

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:57:49 AM EDT
It's "w00t!", man! use zeros not ohs! Or the pheds will intercept your communications!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:02:05 AM EDT
WHERE IS IT.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:12:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 9:13:48 AM EDT by Foxxz]

Originally Posted By bblake00:
WHERE IS IT.

Well, my friend showed me. I MIGHT be able to drive there. I tried to pay attention to the roads we were on but I couldn't see names and whatnot. I know it was along a road that parellels rt 64 around Smithsburg and its close to some sort of orchard and resivoir. I've been on that road once before and i think there is some sort of natural spring thats beside the road that they have a sign posted not to drink from it as its not treated.

Thats about all i can describe. I'd love to go shooting with some people

-Foxxz

ETA-I'll ask my friend how to get there tonight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 9:48:08 AM EDT by skv]
Well let us know,

I am wanting to through some lead this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:00:18 AM EDT
Next time bring a GPS and leave it ON when you're driving....
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:19:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By skv:
Well let us know,

I am wanting to through some lead this weekend.

Let me know too. Maybe I'll go too and bring a friend.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:29:20 PM EDT
tag

i want to know as well
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:12:50 PM EDT
Unsupervised like the cops aren't always there but it's theirs, or unsupervised like something else?

I can't imagine a range in MD that has NO rules or supervision at all, without some kind of catch...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:14:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vote_republican:
Unsupervised like the cops aren't always there but it's theirs, or unsupervised like something else?

I can't imagine a range in MD that has NO rules or supervision at all, without some kind of catch...

The guy who showed it to me found it because his neighbor is a cop who showed it to him. He said only once he was using it and the cops came for qualification and asked them to leave so they could do so. Didn't give him and trouble. I don't know who the land is owned by, but there's no one around otherwise. There was a swinging bar blocking the dirt road to it, but we parked and walked up (100ft) and the bar wasnt locked or anything. It has 2 porta-johns and a little concrete building where their targets are stored. maybe 50 yard shooting range. Good for pistol and short range rifle.

You would need to bring something to pound into the ground to hold targets.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:15:50 PM EDT
Maybe this can be our offical AR15.com Maryland Hometown Range
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:23:02 PM EDT
i got all that stuff in the back of my car

i've been going to thurmont for open pistol bays, but it cost me 300 to join and 150 every year.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:53:26 AM EDT
An observation: Showing up and shooting on land that none of us has any clue who owns could be bad mojo. Of course if the landowner calls the cops - the cops will happily push the issue to stay on good terms with the landowner so they can keep using it themselves.

Just a thought.

CWO
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:44:55 AM EDT
Here's the map

23500 Warner Hollow Rd Smithsburg, MD

If you aproach from 491 warner hollow is a dirt road. You will pass one house. Father up this road it will split and you will see the bar closing off the road on the left. If you park your vehicle there and walk up about 50 yards you're at the range.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:07:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CWO:
An observation: Showing up and shooting on land that none of us has any clue who owns could be bad mojo. Of course if the landowner calls the cops - the cops will happily push the issue to stay on good terms with the landowner so they can keep using it themselves.

Just a thought.

CWO

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:38:12 PM EDT
I actually live right outside of H-town. I am not sure of the owner of the range, but I heard that the County police uses the range to, if its the same one I am thinking of. When I get home from college next time, I can probably find out who actually owns the range and more info about it. But like everyone else said, I would not use it till you found out all the details about the range and who owns it.

If you all have any other questions, let me know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:39:55 PM EDT
My friend asked the sheriff who owned the range. He said the city does and people aren't supposed to be using it. I took another trip up there today and saw that someone had just recently been up there shooting at scraps of dry wall. I guess its a no-go but its still awfully temping.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:07:31 AM EDT
well anyone who pays city and state taxes I would think would be able to use it.
Top Top