Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 10:02:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a lot of effort when he could easily pick up an illegal one.

AND....

Having seen a zip gun at the IWM last week his effort is right over the top
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Just down the road from me and never heard a word about it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

AND....

I didn't get the impression that he was building them in order to commit any crime , more from the enjoyment of building something from scratch out of basic materials. It's not as if he was an armourer for the criminal underground...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AND....

I didn't get the impression that he was building them in order to commit any crime , more from the enjoyment of building something from scratch out of basic materials. It's not as if he was an armourer for the criminal underground...
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Hmmm, question : say he hadn't intended (or actually) created something that could discharge a projectile.  Done everything else, but the 'barrel' had no chamber.

At what point then does it fall foul of VCR bill for being an imitation firearm ?

I imagine (an uninformed imagining) that intent might a role to play in answering that..but maybe not.  On the other hand it can't just be that it has to 'look' like a firearm that is actually in production as there are any number of fantasy designs one could imagine that people would reasonably confuse.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Imitation Firearm ? Hardly a Khyber Pass AK47....

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like a wheel nut impact driver....and he looks like a retard
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:21:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It looks like a wheel nut impact driver....and he looks like a retard

He must have had a tough paper round if he's 48...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting cimmense under that story

I saw those cimmense comments as well.   Lots of criticism over the harshness of the sentence, and to be fair five years for what amounts to doing a bit of wood and metal work does seem excessive.

He certainly didn't seem to have any criminal intent .  OK he was a bit naughty and shouldn't thave done it but 5 years (at the taxpayers expense (Really???)

I believe he should have recieved a two years suspended sentence, had his "toys" seized and told not to do it again or it would be a 5 year custodial next time.

The guy doesn't appear to have any intent to use the guns for criminal purposes so what risk did he pose in real terms?   There's a big difference between a law abiding collector who falls foul of a legal techincality, or an hobby engineer who builds some woodern contraption that looks like a gun and some scrumbag street hoodlum who has a (working) gun purely for criminal intent.

When you think that some little shits with criminal records as long as their arm are receiving less than 3 years for burning down homes and businesses and looting in the London Riots it really makes a mockery of the system and shows how utterly stupid and pathetic our fear of national fear of firearms really is.

What a joke.

Excellent summary of the whole sorry situation in this country.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting cimmense under that story

I saw those cimmense comments as well.   Lots of criticism over the harshness of the sentence, and to be fair five years for what amounts to doing a bit of wood and metal work does seem excessive.

He certainly didn't seem to have any criminal intent .  OK he was a bit naughty and shouldn't thave done it but 5 years (at the taxpayers expense (Really???)

I believe he should have recieved a two years suspended sentence, had his "toys" seized and told not to do it again or it would be a 5 year custodial next time.

The guy doesn't appear to have any intent to use the guns for criminal purposes so what risk did he pose in real terms?   There's a big difference between a law abiding collector who falls foul of a legal techincality, or an hobby engineer who builds some woodern contraption that looks like a gun and some scrumbag street hoodlum who has a (working) gun purely for criminal intent.

When you think that some little shits with criminal records as long as their arm are receiving less than 3 years for burning down homes and businesses and looting in the London Riots it really makes a mockery of the system and shows how utterly stupid and pathetic our fear of national fear of firearms really is.

What a joke.

Well said.

Assuming that prior to this he was law abiding.

I saw no mention of any previous convictions.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top