Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 2:27:12 PM EDT
www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=8432523

Woman dies in apparent accidental shooting

June 4, 2008

Lee County - A woman was killed early this afternoon in Lee County after an apparent accidental shooting. Initial reports were that the woman was practice shooting and accidentally shot herself in the head.

Just after noon Wednesday, deputies were called to 222 Scott Road off highway 195 north of Leesburg. The woman, whose identity was not immediately released, did not live on the property. The GBI crime scene unit was called in to investigate and search warrants were served at the home after the death as a part of the investigation.

Right now, investigators will only say this is a death investigation and won't say if they believe foul play was involved though no one has been taken into custody.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
note to self, don't scratch your head with the muzzle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
wow, that's priceless...better her than someone else?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
when i was living in florida a gentlemen went into a range rented a gun fired it a few times and then turned the gun to his head and ended his turmoil,sounds similar.either way it is a shame.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I can understand accidentally shooting oneself in the hand.  I once saw a cop shoot himself in the front of his gut.  I was standing two targets over from a cop who shot a piece of metal and hit the instructor, himself, and a cop next to him with fragments (minor flesh wounds only).  Kind of strange how all the accidents have been cops, huh?

But an accidental, fatal shot to the head?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
Kind of strange how all the accidents have been cops, huh?

Do I sense some cop bashing there, thats a shame.  I thought you were above that
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kind of strange how all the accidents have been cops, huh?

they do have reason to be at a range more often than most others do they not?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
when i was living in florida a gentlemen went into a range rented a gun fired it a few times and then turned the gun to his head and ended his turmoil,sounds similar.either way it is a shame.

wasn't there a repeat performance at hot shots a few months ago?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top