Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/26/2004 12:37:56 PM EST
Whats been your experiences with this ammo.....good enough for blasting ammo?
Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:55:53 PM EST
it's pretty decent stuff......bought a case of it for my AR. haven't had a problem yet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:50:56 PM EST
i've shot 300rds of it through my 1911. no problems.

800rds through my AR with 1 failure to feed. i think it was the magazine.

i'll be buying more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:01:06 PM EST
dirty ammo, i wont use it.

bbr
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:50:51 PM EST
It's cheap and reliable. Excellent fun ammo. Too bad there's no 458 SOCOM eh?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:54:06 PM EST
make sure it is polymer coated. close to 1k rds thru 2 RRAs with no problems. purely a range round since it is underpowered. i was skeptical until recently myself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:00:09 AM EST
I have tried it. Accuracy was so-so , but the stuff smells like burnt cat piss , or something on that order when shooting . It was nice not to have to police the brass for reloading purposes though. I think I will stick with my handloads, and XM-193.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:14:16 AM EST
Turns yer AR into a dirty lil' pig but other than that, it's fine. I used the wolf polymer cased stuff durring the DE class no problems that weren't self inflicted. For blasting ammo it's good stuff. One thing I noticed though, when I switched over from black hills 68gr BTHP I had to adjust for about 7-9 inches of left windage on one gun and about the same but right on the other gun. It's also loaded down a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:59:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 7:06:23 AM EST by glenn_r]

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
It's cheap and reliable. Excellent fun ammo. Too bad there's no 458 SOCOM eh?

What he said about the .458

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:19:01 AM EST

SEARCH. Subject = WOLF. ALL boards. 3 months.

AAUUUURRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:32:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
www.kevinholman.com/fun/notthis.jpg

Here's a little advice, free of course. If you have a problem with a threads subject, DON'T FUCKING POST IN IT!!!!!

Fuck people it's that fucking simple.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:51:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2004 6:52:32 AM EST by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By photoman:

Here's a little advice, free of course. If you have a problem with a threads subject, DON'T FUCKING POST IN IT!!!!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Using your own logic..... SEARCH. It's that fucking simple.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:57:58 AM EST

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Using your own logic..... SEARCH. It's that fucking simple.

First off this is the Wisconsin hometown board so if he wants to ask here we really don't care. If this was GD fine no problem scream search all you want, but this ain't GD. And second, if you have a fucking problem with the subject of a post, don't fucking post in it IT REALLY IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:43:33 AM EST

First off this is the Wisconsin hometown board so if he wants to ask here we really don't care. If this was GD fine no problem scream search all you want, but this ain't GD. And second, if you have a fucking problem with the subject of a post, don't fucking post in it IT REALLY IS THAT FUCKING SIMPLE!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:26:38 AM EST

Yes, I guess I didn't search everywhere........generally only have time to check out Hometown Wi Board.............guess that's why I stay in here..... Basically, I was addressing this to the Wi guys I know......
Thanks for your replies gentleman.
Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:31:13 PM EST
www.ammoman.com is running a special on the 62 grain polymer wolf for 1K rds for $115 shipped. I am tempted to buy a case just to see for my self how this stuff is.dirty is fine. I can clean dirty, accuracy is fine if it's not way off in left field and I can get decent head and COM shots at CQB ranges.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:18:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Harv24:
www.ammoman.com is running a special on the 62 grain polymer wolf for 1K rds for $115 shipped. I am tempted to buy a case just to see for my self how this stuff is.dirty is fine. I can clean dirty, accuracy is fine if it's not way off in left field and I can get decent head and COM shots at CQB ranges.

I dont find Wolf to be any more dirty than Q3131A or Fed XM193.

All wolf shoots around 2MOA at best.... more like 3MOA. It's not accurate. At CQB ranges, its top freaking notch..... for training ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:14:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By Harv24:

I dont find Wolf to be any more dirty than Q3131A or Fed XM193.

All wolf shoots around 2MOA at best.... more like 3MOA. It's not accurate. At CQB ranges, its top freaking notch..... for training ammo.

Ya I agree it's fine for CQB ranges. I was hitting steel at 300 with the 55gr wolf, so it can't be that inaccurate. If you want to do massive amounts of blasting, get the wolf it can't hurt none. If yer sketchy about it, add the extra $40-$50 and get a case of M193 or Q3131(A).
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:30:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/28/2004 8:31:03 PM EST by MisterPX]
If one of the WI members wants to ask about Wolf every other day, I've got no problem with it. It's when guys from who knows where start butting in that makes me wince.

BTW Mark, feeling a little testy are we?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:45:52 PM EST

If one of the WI members wants to ask about Wolf every other day, I've got no problem with it. It's when guys from who knows where start butting in that makes me wince.

Jesus... you people act like the rest of us actually READ the area something is posted in!!!! I just click "active topics".... and respond to what is interesting. Please... oh Wisconsin Gawds.... forgive my wretched soul for posting in your sanctimonious forum.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:39:51 PM EST
If you've seen a bazillion Wolf threads, why would you respond to one? Oh, that's right, it's the only way to get your post count up because you have nothing to contribute.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:13:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2004 3:14:16 AM EST by photoman]

Jesus... you people act like the rest of us actually READ the area something is posted in!!!! I just click "active topics".... and respond to what is interesting. Please... oh Wisconsin Gawds.... forgive my wretched soul for posting in your sanctimonious forum.

I always check to see where it's at, even when I hit active topics.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:58:38 AM EST

I was kinda makinf fun of myself... for missing it. Ok, MisterPX.... I will never post in YOUR WI local forums again.....

Now I remember why I dont like yankee's.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:21:00 AM EST

I was kinda makinf fun of myself... for missing it. Ok, MisterPX.... I will never post in YOUR WI local forums again.....

Now I remember why I dont like yankee's.

no need to do that, we just don't mind a lot of stuff here, that is normaly a PITA in he GD.

And I was born in Kansas, I'm a non-Yankee by birth.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:33:37 PM EST
Hey, just cause you guys lost the war...
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:08:19 PM EST
Top Top