Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 1:04:30 AM EDT
Guys,

Just moved to the North and I am wanting to carry a military type weapon in my vehicle full time...the weather here is a big concern.

I was wondering if you had any tips on keeping a weapon from rusting away since I'll be warming the vehicle up and then it will cool way down.

Specifically, thinking about an M1 Garand in a synthetic stock or maybe an AR type...

Thanks for any help...

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Pump, marine shotgun. Kept one in the truck for years with an ammo box of slugs, buck, and bird shot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
What about an AR with a stainless steel barrel? Can you keep it in a case with a dessicant pack?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure, however, the pump can be replaced rather painlessly (know what I mean )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top