Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 10:00:14 PM EDT
I'm going to be in W-S on the 4-5-6 of May and was wondering if there are any places I need to see. Gun shops, ranges, pawn shops, free beer parlors, etc. Should I toss the ebr in the trunk because of a good place to plink?

Or, just pack a good book?  

F3  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
hmm....pack a good book if you're looking for gun stores.

there's some decent pawn shops around but most stuff is overpriced.  Charlies in Walkertown out 66 and Gun Rack out in Kernersville on 66 between bus 40 and I-40.  good stores - just the only two right now.  both on the eastside.  grandview has store of sorts - not much selection since they're mostly a range.

grandview firearms training center out on old yadkinville rd is the only indoor range in W/S.  nice facility.  grandview has the old sporstmans paradise outdoor range over in the edge of yadkin co.  approx 30 min west of W/S.  

old salem is pretty cool if you like the historical tour type of stuff.  very well preserved/recreated moravian village.  

and of course, a trip up to pilot mountain to the top.  nice views.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on Old Salem for history stuff.
If your there check out their gun shop.Some beautiful flintlocks are usually on display.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can find the way there, try Old Bethabara. It was the original Moravian settlement in this area. They lived there while they planned and built Old Salem. It will probably take you an hour at the most to look over it all, but it has some neat stuff there.  I think its $8 to have a guided tour, but it is well worth it. The tour guides are for the most part very knowledgable and very friendly people.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:00:34 AM EDT
[#4]
are they still giving tours at the RJR plant?  I remember going for a elementary school field trip, talk about un-PC
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
are they still giving tours at the RJR plant?  I remember going for a elementary school field trip, talk about un-PC

They stopped giving tours sometime back in the early 90's, about the time I went to work for them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
that sucks, it was pretty sweet to see how cigs are made, and of course, at the end, all the kids got nabisco products, and the adults got a pack or two IIRC
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#7]
see following post
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Harper's for (o)(o) and
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Harper's for (o)(o) and

+1 for Harpers II. I-40 east from Winston Salem, exit Guilford College and its right there. I went there two days before Christmas and I am still in love with one of em'.......I think she loved me too......
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Harper's for (o)(o) and

+1 for Harpers II. I-40 east from Winston Salem, exit Guilford College and its right there. I went there two days before Christmas and I am still in love with one of em'.......I think she loved me too......

she just wanted the money in your pocket
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top