Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2008 9:14:36 PM EDT
Just heard on WBBM AM 780, Winnetka repealed their 20 year old handgun ban oin a unanimous vote.  Apparently a lot of residents wanted to keep it in place, but the board did not want to risk lawsuits based on Heller vs. DC ruling.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just heard on WBBM AM 780, Winnetka repealed their 20 year old handgun ban oin a unanimous vote.  Apparently a lot of residents wanted to keep it in place, but the board did not want to risk lawsuits based on Heller vs. DC ruling.

Thank goodness.  They are at least aware now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
About time.

They've been promising to do so for months.

The NRA just filed suit.

Got them to act, I assume the suit will now be dropped.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's continue to wait as Chicago fall further into deficit. Then, when they are really broke, have the NRA file suit.

Then Chicago will fall as well.

Like I said earlier, it will be like dominoes.

efxguy
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully Aurora will get the clue and repeal their local "AWB"...

Not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top