Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:11:17 AM EST

I just found this link this morning. I know that Old Dominion tried having a gun show a few times in Winchester (at the Sportsplex), but it looks like somebody else is giving it a try again this month. I probably won't get back from the airport until sometime Saturday, but I may drop by and see what is there.

http://www.vagunandknife.com/

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:05:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 8:06:09 PM EST by GE-Mini-Gun]
I live less than 10 minutes from there...the $6 is going to be a waste of money. I hope like hell I'm wrong, but...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:22:58 AM EST
Thats down by Gander, correct? I happen to be coming through there about that time, but if your shows are as lame as ours in Fishersville then I'll keep on trucking...........
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:25:19 AM EST
If that's the one down by Gander, off of I-81, I went there about 2 years ago, when I was over that way for something or another. Not really anything impressive to me
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:54:42 AM EST

Yep, it is next to Gander. The old gunshow promoter that did them there (Old Dominion) didn't continue to have the shows. This is somebody else doing this, but don't know anything at all about them. I figure I will drop by and see if there is anything. Despite that crappy selection at the previous shows there, I did score some really good deals (probably because nobody was there and they didn't know what they were worth). I figure I will do the upcoming Chantilly show as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:09:33 PM EST
I actually happened to be coming from PA that weekend, and stopped at gander, and seen signs for the gun show. I go to the Showmasters show, over here in Fairmont, only about 100 tables, but decent stuff, for around here which is a miracle. Got some dealers that are always there, always stop to chat, or buy something from.

I wish someday to get to Chantilly, but I don't think I could control myself (or my check book) in a show that big
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:46:14 AM EST
i'll go just like the ones few years back. its small but come sunday people want to give stuff away. its not much but you can find some good stuff if you look. Might go and see if two of my buddies have a table set up. I haven't seen them since the closed down the store in Charles Town.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:59:43 PM EST
I stopped at Gander looking for bullets and happened to run in to a guy that was just there. He was also looking for reloading supplies and told me to save my $6.00, so I did. On the plus side I did score a set of WARNE rings for my CZ 527 at a little shop in Stephens City for bellow dealer cost..... He had the package hanging on the hook for a loooooong time and they where incredibly dusty, but unopened. My next mission is to find Speer .311 MatchKing 174 GR BTHP's for the 303's, but that isn't looking very good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:02:09 PM EST
I went by the show today also. If you where thinking about going, save your money, it was pretty empty.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:11:57 PM EST
i dropped by after work since i was in the area. paid my 6$ and got a few books i was looking for. It wasn't huge but i got what i was looking for and didn't have to wait until Nov to get them at Nations
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:52:09 PM EST
I've been to the Chantilly show nearly every time it's been there.

A few times working the VCDL booth.

I'll be moving to another part of the state soon, sure gonna miss that show.

Last time it expanded into 2 buildings.
Top Top