Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:55:23 AM EDT
How many of you guys been to Williams,,, they now sell DSA firearms and also are a Beta C-Mag dealer lots of used guns with 6 gunsmiths....  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended hunters safety there 26 years ago. I like there range.
I need to get back over there again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like Williams, they've always taken good care of us.  I'd shop there without hesistation.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Go there all time time. Don't really like the range (I'm used to no range master and all the rapid fire you want). They aren't going to cut you the best deal on a gun, but they do have a big selection and they guys working there are top notch. My .02
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It's about a 7 minute drive for me.

Seems to me there was a time way back (perhaps under the original owners) when it didn't cost anything to use their range. Now they want to pop you for 7 bucks to get on the range. No rapid fire. Uncomfortable shooting benches. No shooting prone. No shooting while standing at the 100 yard range.

No thanks. Not when I can drive another 20 minutes and be at the pit in Lapeer and shoot any way I choose for free.

The store on the other hand has a pretty good selection and the guys behind the counter are always pretty helpful. I just wish they had a 1 year layaway plan like Guns Galore in Fenton.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My take:

Williams = Ok service crappy prices.
Gun Galore = Crappy service but great prices.
Michi-gun = Great service and prices.

The difference between Michi-gun, GG and Williams:

I ask Williams to get a quote for a AWA Peacemaker. I leave my card and contact info because the dufis can't figure out what the price is. The guy never calls back. I come back a week later and the tall lanky dork behind the counter forgot.

GG has it in stock for a decent price but I do not have all day to wait for one of the retarded sons to wait on me. However, if you have the time they do have great prices. The best prices are going to be for in-stock items.

Michi-gun is great. You ask them to get a price, they will do it right there. I have never waited more than a few minutes before I was helped. If you order something, they will do it ASAP and call when it arrives.

I wanted to buy two 1991's with the new roll marks. I go to Williams. They want $699.00 and it is going to be a few weeks. Then they try to sell me the Springfield they have in stock or I can buy a used, like new old roll marked 1991 for $600.00.

Michi-gun orders them while I wait and the unit price is $575.00. $5.00 more than the Internet dealers (not including transfer fee) and $125.00 less than Williams. A week later I pick them up.

I live close to Williams but make the drive to Fenton or Michi-gun.

Michi-Gun
31516 Harper Ave,
St Clair Shores, MI 48082

I'll give ya that, williams always seem to be the unfriendless place I've been ,, GGs is ok good prices too.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't buy at Williams due to their prices, but they do usually have a few guns to look at.

I won't even go into Guns Galore anymore (even though they have a lot of guns) due to the shitty attitude of the 2 drugged out sons.

Michi-Gun seems like a good place, but no experience yet in buying there.

Guess the older I get the less bullshit I take!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I've only ever purchased one gun from Williams. An odd looking heavy barreled single shot that was tucked away at the very end of the rack behind the counter.  It's a Stevens Armory model 414 in cal. 22lr  The price tag was $400.  The best I could manage was to convince them to eat the sales tax. Tall price at the time, nearly 15yrs ago.  The going market at the time called for $350 to $600 depending on condition.  This particular rifle has had significant custom work done to it.  Someone wanted it to appear to be a Walnut Hill.  It does have a superb Lyman Tang sight. It is very accurate with a beautiful trigger and still has a tight action.  Funny thing was, as I was walking out the door with my prize I had 3 different guys offer to buy it for more than I had just paid for it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top