Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2004 12:26:04 PM EDT
During the LA riots the crowds were violent and did a lot of damage to people and property, if some catastrophic event shook up the seattle residents would they riot the same way LA did  by attacking the different ethnic groups & gangs or would they help one another instead?

The battle in Seattle doesn't count as there were far too many union members there protesting the WTO that were non-violent with the exception of beating up some dirty hippies and anarchists.

So do you think seattle with turn on its-self?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
dirty hippies and anarchists.

So do you think seattle with turn on its-self?

Not the same way thet LA did, although I must admit it would be fun to watch....
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
although I must admit it would be fun to watch....

darn tootin'!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The verdict in the Rodney King getting his ass beat down case hardly constitutes a catastrophic event.

How did San Francisco act during and after the 1989 earthquake?

I'll put a picture up later of my newest in case of catastrophic event gear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The verdict in the Rodney King getting his ass beat down case hardly constitutes a catastrophic event.

Please do.

The northwest has many active volcanos, overdue for a mega-earthquake or terrorist attack, plenty of things could cause trouble for 4 million people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
All you would need to start the Great 2004 Seattle Riot would be shutting down all the Starbuck's Coffee Shacks in the Puget Sound Area.

MT
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please do.

The northwest has many active volcanos, overdue for a mega-earthquake or terrorist attack, plenty of things could cause trouble for 4 million people.

You come across as being more than a little too eager  for my tastes

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like the last days.

I wish, the sooner the evil eon comes to an end the better but God is slow to wrath and it may be a good while before He pours out His indignation.

I'd rather the SNeverNTF and my gear all goes to waste instead.

But in case the LA-type riots happen in Seattle
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Phil, that reminds me, I need to start looking for an M1A to go with those magazines I have laying around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Phil, that reminds me, I need to start looking for an M1A to go with those magazines I have laying around.

Carry cash, and look closely, that's how I got mine!

You might want to snap up some of that Aussie 762 Ball while it can still be had too.

I think I need another case myself.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#9]
No, I don't think Seattle would turn on itself in the face of a catastrophic event. And even if it did, why would I care? Not like I'd go down there looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Theres a like new Poly M14s on Sturm'.com for $575 shipped today.  It may not be a SA, but hell it'll do for $300 less then the cheapest SA you're likely too find. $850 plus for a used post ban with a buncha cast parts in good shape. If I had any reason to own another M1A type I'd try to buy it myself.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Theres a like new Poly M14s on Sturm'.com for $575 shipped today.  It may not be a SA, but hell it'll do for $300 less then the cheapest SA you're likely too find. $850 plus for a used postno ban with a buncha cast parts in good shape. If I had any reason to own another M1A type I'd try to buy it myself.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I will spray paint the outside of my walls with, "If you can read this, I will shoot you".  Sit up on the roof and wait.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I will spray paint the outside of my walls with, "If you can read SEE this, I will shoot you".  Sit up on the roof and wait.

That'll help out with the illiterate ones, but not the blind ones.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually with SA rifles, "pre" and "post" do seem to mean a difference in quality/USGI parts counts, so it does sort of matter as to when the rifle was made to some degree regardless of the AWB.  It's a whole lot easier too say "pre" and "post" when speaking of the quality, rather then "all the cast shit made without the bayo lug starting at serial number XXXXXX tends to be substandard compared to the 50%+ milspec parts models that came with a bayo lug ending at serial number XXXXXX." HTH
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I usually have $1k on me when I walk into a gun store. I have been looking for a Benelli, but unable to find one south of Seattle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I understood your point, thus I didn't touch the cast parts comment.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I want an M1A so I have a reason to buy Aussie ammo.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I just happened to be a member of the Cal Guard during the L.A. Riots and the Earthquakes...

It was a crazy time I remmember sitting on the couch watching the News and seeing Denny getting hit in the head with the cinder block live, I remmember going to the armory to draw gear, I was not supposed to have a weapon because I had not completed my training...( I ended up with a .45 anyway, and I was one of the very few that had ammo) I was in a support roll, and did not do much in the way of " Cracking skulls" or anything, but to be honest No one really did, The stuff you all saw on the news other than the arson was not that frequent after the 2nd day, most of the crazy stuff you saw on the the news was day one and two...after that lots of standing around watching the looters, The  only shop owners I saw that were armed were the Koreans and I dont recall seeing one " Black Rifle" mostly 38 cal wheelguns and shotguns.. I remmember I was really tired and always busy, but as time went on it got quieter, and things started to settle down...the one thing that sticks out the most about what I learned in that situation was that there are groups of very greedy people that are willing to burn out and starve there own grandmother in order to get a free T.V. Very few were rioting because of what the court did, they were just scumbag motherf-er's that wanted to have a excuse to act stupid.

The Earthquake's were different, just after the quake everyone was very quiet and into helping each other ( shock) but as time went on it started to get very crazy, I remmember all of the free stuff the Red Cross was handing out. Food, Sleeping bags, Cots, Sleeping pads, 3 man dome tents you name it, it was there...about day 7 we started seeing a rash of thefts even if the stuff was free, these people from out of the area ( see group of scumbag people that would burn out their grandma)  would show up and just start takeing the stuff from people when they wernt around....The one thing that really piss'd me off the most is the time I was just getting out of the shower at the south pct LAPD next to Conoga park ( that was where we had a large amount of troops set up) I remmember seeing a very tall Middle Eastern man in a very nice looking newer BMW, He was stealing foam sleeping pads right out of the back of the red cross tent, I went up to him and asked him what he was doing, and out pops his wife with bundles of blankets,( these bundles were about a dozen blankets to a package)  the trunk was full of water, cases of candy bars and  boxxes of transister radios/Flashlights. He acted like he did not speak a word of english put the pads in the backseat, his wife put the blankets in the back seat and off they left.( later on that day we ran the plate and they were not even from the area)...There was so much free food, and equipment avail for anyone who needed it, Yet the gangs of black kids ( crips/Bloods) and Mexican kids were so lazy they just started stealing from anyone they wanted to...Once again I saw very few Koreans that were around for help, they seem to have had their shit together...And for the most part the white people just got out of town...

I would rather go through 5 weeks of riots than 2 weeks of earthquakes.

I dont see L.A. style riots here in seattle from people from around here, It would have to be out of towners like WTO..., but I do see some crazy stuff in a disaster situation in fact I think people here could be worse because they are so used to having a pamper'd life, and they all of the sudden are going to be going through Starbuck's withdrawls....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Your CETME does not qualify?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your CETME does not qualify?

Nope, it would take me 10 years to shoot a case as often as I fire that thing...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/27828906.jpg

Stokes is a hell of a salesman!

He is a hell of a salesman, but did he really sell Phil an M1A for $850?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/2267174/27828906.jpg

Stokes is a hell of a salesman!

He is a hell of a salesman, but did he really sell Phil an M1A for $850?

While I am overdue in turning over large amounts of money (to me anyway) to Stokes in order to support him in the lavish lifestyle he's accustomed to, he didn't sell me that M1A for $850.  He didn't sell it to me at all and I didn't pay the seller $850 either.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top