Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 1:12:25 PM EST
Anyone know if the new police department/chief sign?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:33:17 PM EST
I wouldn't take the chance and just go the NFA trust route. The money wasted on fingerprint cards, and running all around would be better spent having a lawyer draw up a trust for you and not have to go through all the stuff.

Trusts are much better as you can add your wife or kids on there incase something happens to you. If you register it to just you, if something happens to you, or if your wife or kids want to shoot it, you have to be there. I am going to be making a trust up later this year for an SBR and will be contacting Dking.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:45:58 PM EST
This is not like it is a secret procedure. Just take the form down to the Chief and say, "Hi. Here is my Form 4. Would you please sign here?"
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:47:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 4:48:17 PM EST by 03rangerxlt]
i would just go the trust route. no fingerprint cards, no passport photos, no background check to wait for. Just complete your trust, complete your form 4, and send your stuff in with the funds and wait!

I did up my own trust with Quicken Will Maker. Was easy and cost me $30 to download and then I just went to a bank for a notary signiture.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:46:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 7:47:14 PM EST by lucky_13]
Give it a shot. I wish I had. Instead I just went the "easy way" and did a Quicken will maker trust. Now there are people saying that some will maker trusts are invalid and the BATFE is confiscating weapons held by the illegitimate trusts. There are also several people that say that is BS. Either way I still worry about it and wish I had gone for the LEO sign-off.
Top Top