Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2010 10:27:06 AM EDT
Will our state be the first to go Greek  (Los Angeles Riots of 11 or 12 which will start in Bay Area )
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope not...I don't have a proper carrier for my cat yet.  And since he's only 7 months old, he can't be relied upon to haul any of my ammo on his back if I need to bug out.

Seriously though, only time will tell.  Remember when the city of Oakland reduced their police force by whatever percentage?  It got a bit rough up there...but it wasn't nearly an all-out SHTF scenario.  I may need to re-zero the M14 sooner rather than later though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I was living in L.A. when the cops were acquitted in the Rodney King crap. I could see shit burning from my front porch. (and someone once asked me why I have so many guns....DUH!) That was because a couple cops seemed to get away with beating up a nobody thug. I believe it can and will happen here again. Fortunately for me, I work on the north west outskirts of L.A. county and live in the south east portion of Ventura county, a quiet little pocket. Yes, it could come to my neighborhood but it won't originate here. I'll have a little "heads up" I think.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I was living in L.A. when the cops were acquitted in the Rodney King crap. I could see shit burning from my front porch. (and someone once asked me why I have so many guns....DUH!) That was because a couple cops seemed to get away with beating up a nobody thug. I believe it can and will happen here again. Fortunately for me, I work on the north west outskirts of L.A. county and live in the south east portion of Ventura county, a quiet little pocket. Yes, it could come to my neighborhood but it won't originate here. I'll have a little "heads up" I think.

I had the privilege to watch LA burning, from the sky at night.  Was flying in from White Sands and there was a gazillon hour layover in AZ.

Link Posted: 12/9/2010 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the privilege to watch LA burning, from the sky at night.  Was flying in from White Sands and there was a gazillon hour layover in AZ.

Yep, I bet. I hear people all the time saying that some sort of "civil unrest" or "marshal law" won't happen in America. News flash, it already has, and not that long ago. April 29, 1992. I was 22, my parents had divorced and dad had most of the guns.  Fortunately, nothing came to my street. I had a 22 and 20 gauge single shot shotgun, and very little ammo for either one. I'm certainly not in that boat any more. I didn't immediately stock up on firepower, though I should have. I was still a bit naive, believe it or not. I did buy a brick of 22 and some shells for the shotgun though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More likely if the Lakers three-peat and clinch at home.

Holy crap, how could I forget that scenario? I think of that EVERY time they play.
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
With any luck, yes. Why? Because that might be the only way we can finally dislodge the State's head from it's collective ass, and get our rights back.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe it will come down to this -

a)  Tax the hell out of the few, productive people until they revolt.

b)  Reduce/cut-off welfare state benefits to the bazillions of unproductive people until they take to the streets.

One group has nothing to gain and everything to lose.  The other group has nothng to lose and will take (and destroy) anything they can gain.

Whatchagonnado?
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably not... welfare leeches will be the last to get cut, and they're the ones who are most likely to riot.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Probably not... welfare leeches will be the last to get cut, and they're the ones who are most likely to riot.

Wouldn't that make it worse? Emergency services cut first, practically no police presence, then cut the welfare.....
I've seen it before, it doesn't take much, just an instigator....look at England today.
Look what happens on Black Friday.
Link Posted: 12/10/2010 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got that old time "Bring it all down" feeling vibes from a Jerry Brown as California Gov again .
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]
We might. CA has something like ~40% of the total welfare cases in the nation.  Lots of chronic parasites here. And a lot of them are illegals / non-assimulators who don't have any trouble shitting all over the rules and leaving town.  Hell we burn police cars to celebrate sports victories.  Oakland, L.A. are going to burn.
Link Posted: 12/11/2010 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Ditto ,the Bay Area will set it off closely followed by Los Angeles .
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ditto ,the Bay Area will set it off closely followed by Los Angeles .

This could very well be the SHTF wet dream scenario that Arfcommers have been dreaming of for years!!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Every time I seriously think about this possibility ––  I feel the need to order more ammo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
The Libs can taste a meltdown ...
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Every time I seriously think about this possibility ––  I feel the need to order more ammo.

what good is ammo without mags?

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you really think that if SHTF, we're going to abide by mag restrictions?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

& Bullet buttons ?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

good question.

Link Posted: 12/13/2010 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, of course we will.  We are law-abiding citizens.  We are the good guys.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#22]

I'll have my Jiffy Pop ready to watch the events unfold in tv.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You must live in the "Sticks" like me ?
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 7:53:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I can get my Pop gun ready in a Jiffy if events unfold on TV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top