Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2003 8:13:14 AM EDT
Hey guys local radio station in Milwaukee V100 the DJ is asking weather or not people think CCW will make the streets safer in Milwaukee so lets tell her what we think. here is the email addy for the DJ.
[email protected]

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
OH MY GOD you listen to V100?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent:

"Hi Bailey,

I like your show because you sound like a white woman.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Dolomite - Milwaukee"
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
OK - here's the real e-mail I sent:

Hi Bailey,

I think that it would be great if Wisconsin allowed properly trained citizens to carry concealed weapons.  

I remember hearing you say that you're from Seattle!  The State of Washington, along with a bunch of other States, has had this type of concealed carry law for years and years.  Can you guess how many of the 45 States that allow their citizens to carry concealed weapons have repealed those laws?  Zero.

A lot of people say that the crime in Wisconsin is already low - and while that may or may not be true depending on who you ask (and where they live) - what's wrong with the possibility of lowering the crime rate even more?  It's entirely plausible that Wisconsin could have a lower crime rate than many of the Canadian Provinces.  Weird how the only people that would upset would be the ones that think only the military and police should be allowed to have guns, isn't it?

Before these laws in other States were passed, there was a ton of people spouting off that every street corner would turn into the OK Corral and that every minor traffic accident would end up a bloodbath if people were allowed to carry concealed.  Well, that hasn't happened.  In fact these laws are so effective at reducing crime that many States have sought to liberalize their concealed carry laws.  For example, in Alaska, they did away with the permit system altogether.  Anyone that is allowed to legally possess a gun can legally carry it concealed (this is way Vermont's law has been forever).  

Like I said - if these laws were so dangerous to everybody in our society, why would they continue to spread?  What makes people in the other 90% of the country more responsible than Wisconsinites?  The Wisconsin Personal Protection Act is long overdue in this State.

So that’s my 2 cents on the subject!  What do you think?

Take Care – Dolomite - Milwaukee
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OH MY GOD you listen to V100?!?!?!?!

When I'm at work I do. Earlier in the show she had made a comment that I think was more based on not knowing, so in my e-mail i explained the process of getting a CCW the next line after that was "Just think you get to jump through all these hoops just to exercise both a federal and state Constitutional Right. Imagine if you had to do all this just to write a letter to the editor, or call a radio station to exercise your right to free speach."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top