Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 2:07:35 PM EDT
Why is the Ohio department of Wildlife so anti gun?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:40:10 PM EDT
They're a government agency - what do you expect?

At least they run and maintain public shooting ranges....that sounds pro-gun to me. Granted, they might be rules-heavy, but if you've spent a day at a public range, you understand why that has to be.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:41:44 PM EDT
The ODNR is very anti CCW.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 3:33:50 PM EDT by watersniper]

Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:

That's why you can CCW on a boat the way you SHOULD be able to... CONCEALED.

Bring that broad stroke paint brush up here, I have some painting to do...

And while you're at it, t's the DIVISION of wildlife. Although the other 4 law enforcement divisions in the DEPARTMENT of Natural Resources often joke about them being the "department." It's the tail that wags the dog.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:38:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:41:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By watersniper:

And while you're at it, t's the DIVISION of wildlife. Although the other 4 law enforcement divisions in the DEPARTMENT of Natural Resources often joke about them being the "department." It's the tail that wags the dog.

You should really check out OFCC.net to find out more just how anti the department of wildlife and ODNR really is, if you think they're not you haven't followed or been involved in the concealed carry movement.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:18:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 4:19:19 PM EDT by watersniper]

Originally Posted By shotar:

Originally Posted By watersniper:

So is my boat considered my home when underway or a motor vehicle? Honestly I usually don't carry on the boat unless we are overnighting.

It's NOT a motor vehicle. It's another gray area. If you're under way then it's a vessel, and subject to the watercraft laws. If it's not under way (secured to the dock or in a designated anchorage area) then it's not subject to watercraft law. No, you can't just drop anchor any old place and instantly become imune to watercraft law. that's a heck of a lot more loose than the MV laws.

Years ago the A.G. ruled that we were not to actively enforce open container laws on vessels because of this gray area. Consequently you can drink, you can operate, you just can't be appreciably impaired. (or over .080 BAC)

As for CCW, look at 1547.69H of the ORC. People within ODNR Watercraft fought FOR this exemption. Contrary to popular opinion not all of us are JBT's 24/7. Maybe just 20 hours a week or so... I know I know, this discussion could go on ad-nausium and turn ever more heated and anti-.gov. These are my $.02 and I take exception to all of ODNR being labeled ALL ANTI -CCW. I can't speak for the other divisions. No, I didn't follow Wildlife's specific issues with CCW so I appologize for stepping in on your Div. of Wildlife bashing. I was specifically addressing your comment about ODNR, which encompasses 5 law enforcement divisions.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:20:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:27:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2005 8:47:08 AM EDT by a3kid]

Why is the Ohio department of Wildlife so anti gun?

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top