Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 8:05:06 PM EDT
I've been noticing latley that a lot of other states have their own rifle clubs, the MODCC and the FDCC are the first that come to mind.

We need a MNDCC!!!

P.S. The author of this thread does not have the resources or skills to start such a program.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What does DCC stand for?

Are we supposed to get matching leather jackets with a logo sewn on the back?  And all wear matching outfits?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What does DCC stand for?

Are we supposed to get matching leather jackets with a logo sewn on the back?  And all wear matching outfits?  

To my understanding, DCC stand for Defensive Carbine Club. However, it includes all other guns as well.

And, I guess if we wanted to we could have cool leather jackets with the name on it
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
No leather jackets,

Kevlar.  Only Kevlar.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok as long as you spring for the kevlar mcneilson.  I'm a little short in the cash dept.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree, Kevlar would have more of a COOL factor, and would also be more functional than leather...

However, I also agree with Jakezor's statement of being (VERY in my case) short on cash.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, so we have started to sort out the matter of the clubs dress code .

Now, in all seriousness, why doesn't MN have something like the?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok to show exactly how " non-tactical" I trully am, what is a kevlar mcneilson?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, so we have started to sort out the matter of the clubs dress code .

Now, in all seriousness, why doesn't MN have something like the?

Ok.. let me preface this; I'm not being a wise-ass.

We already sorta do have a club. Unofficially we are the "AR15.com guys"

I have met some of the greatest folks at our shoots... We tend to be a bit crazy, but we manage to have fun when we can.

Of our membership, DevilsAdvocate is the best organizer.(At least when he puts something together, it comes off well)

Our most serious problem is a place to shoot that fits our style. We are not unsafe by any stretch, but rapid fire and patrol slung weapons aren't allowed in many places. Let alone reactive targets (Thanks Sleepy!) and bio-degradable targets,(Thanks DA!) are more fun still.

When I meet up with the folks on this board I know one thing for certain. We gonna have a good time!

Oh! and to make it official, Mrs. Fedgunner's AR15 has been spec'd and is under construction. It  will be DPMS based, light weight 16" carbine, A-2, Eotech sighted.    WOOT!
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
FedGunner: No Wise assery taken

I'm agreed on the part about there being a lack or AR15.com type friendly ranges here, but I have been exploring a few possibilities and might have a few solutions to that problem very soon. We'll see for sure in the next few months.

And yes, I was aware of the get togethers that the MN group has every once and awhile. They look very fun, I hope I wil lbe able to join you guys in them very soon.

NightDriver: Kevlar is a bullet resistant material. It is what bullet proof vests are made of.

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Never mind, I just reread this without getting distracted and now I get it
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Not sure what's up with not having places to shoot.  I've only been back in MN for less then a year and I already have two private gravel pits to shoot at.  We can rapid fire, wear all our gear, and hike thru the woods doing whatever.  Also have a nice range out our backdoor but it seems no one (other then BeerJager) can ever make it up here.  I would think an hour ride north isn't all that bad to be able to shoot.

Heck we were out last night shooting a box full of "troll" dolls up.  I'm sure we could work a deal to have a monthly AR-15 shoot somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You see, Trinity, I hear about this gravel pit near the St Cloud area, but I have no idea where it is, who owns it, how to get permission to shoot there, etc...

If you two have been up there, you're members here, and you can post here, setup a date/time for shooting on that range, post it here, and I'm betting whomever can make it...Well:

If you post it, they will come...

I'm sure many of us are looking for a decent shooting area similar to what you're describing.  Once a month would be great for me!!!  I'm sure my ammo would go a little quicker then though...  Oh well!  

I'd surely like to put on my LBE gear without people calling the cops or thinking I'm nuts, etc...  Practice more "Tactical" shooting while moving, etc...  We should organize such monthly shoot, and just have fun blasting away at various targets we bring.

However, someone has to let all us MN members know about such types of ranges.  I have no idea where this gravel pit is.  I only know of the Princeton range up in the area north of the TCs.  If you do not want people to learn of such a place to shoot, or don't want word to get out over the net, but keep it restricted to AR15.com members there are a few options to do so.

I'm sure if I owned a private shooting range, I'd not like it if strangers from all over the state with no affiliation to groups which I invited were to arrive, I'd be a bit upset about people then technically using the range without permission.

Also, if this place is privately owned by one of the members here, we could try to progressively improve the shooting range as well:  Set up a few benches if none there, reinforce backstops if necessary, create a tactical shooting "course" or something similarly fun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Hood,

I'm not saying the Gravel Pit in question is open to anyone to come to.  What I'm saying is there are places to shoot everywhere in this State.  Heck, they's a gravel pit around every corner it seems.

I have access to a farm down south, Mike's been there.  I have a buddy who let's me use his gravel pit, Jager's been there.  I have access to another gravel pit and can go out the back door to Del-Tone here also.

All I was saying, if you want to shoot you can find a place to shoot.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As far as informal associations go, we do have the DEA.  The Defensive Edge Alumni.  They are a seedy bunch, and have been seen wearing matching hats.  When they gather at the range for the day, tactical slung weapons and webgear is the norm.  They have even been seen wearing goretex if Fritz shows up.

Sully
www.thedefensiveedge.com  

::Fedgunner looks at his waist-line:: You mean gone to seed?

I still have my rain suit in the range bag... You name the time and place and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry about the mis-interpretation Trinity/Stubby...

I've had a horse-shit day today, and was crabby when posting, and after a second read my post sounds kind of assholish.  I woke up today with a stiff neck, pulsating head-ache, hang-over, sinuses filled solid, bad allergies, my asthma kicking in, and had to hear my roommate banging pots & pans around in the kitchen pretty early this morning.  Then I spent THE ENTIRE F#CKING DAY so far fixing 3 PCs for my friends (who are paying me back in beer because they have no cash, but have plenty of beer stockpiled, or are taking me out to dinner a few nights this week)...

One laptop in particular, I firmly believe is just out to piss me off and turn it into a shotgun target.  Too bad discharging a firearm within the municipality is illegal, or that HP laptop would have a shitload of Federal Multipurpose 12 ga shot blown through it!!!

Then I often read messages from people @ the MN forum telling me to organize a AR15.com shoot.  I just thought that if someone has access to such a nice place to shoot they should try to setup an AR15.com meet, nobody needs my permission to do so.  If someone IMs me, I'll tack the post for all to see as well, and likely show up myself bringing plenty of targets to share...

Man, today has been really shitty.  Not only did I have to sit around fixing these three computers (only 1 is done so far), but I also had to deal with my psycho exGF who has tried to call me (according to my caller ID) 64 TIMES TODAY ALONE!!!  After the first 3 calls I answered, I shut the phone off.  So what does she do?  SHe comes pounding on my apartment door TWICE!!!  First time she called me an incompassionate asshole, and stormed out of my place slamming the door behind her.  Second time she comes back in tears because her "Friend" (her other exBF, AKA: F#ckbuddy/FriendWithBenefits) is treating her cruelly, is abusing her again, and she wants me to comfort her, and tell her how to get him to go back to her...  I don't f#cking get these psycho women who are abused emotionally, and especially women physically abused...  They seem to WANT to be with abusive freaks.  Then cries to me about how she's sorry she hurt me, and I was the best guy she's ever dated...  yadda yadda, etc.  Then she asks me WHY I KICKED HER OUT OF MY LIFE when she told me she wanted to F#CK my BEST FRIEND (AND she was DATING HIM BEHIND MY BACK), and if she'd found someone better than me she'd "drop you (me) in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you?"  Sorry, there's no apology/forgiveness for that.  PERIOD.

Why is it that the only girls I ever tend to attract are complete psycho's!?

WHOA!  That's a little off-topic, sorry guys.  I just had a shitty day, and a crappy date with an INCREDIBLY HOT, WEALTHY, GRADUATE STUDENT ATTENDING LAW SCHOOL @ THE U OF MN.  (She looked like a great prospect at first sight...)  Then we went to my old bar (Big 10 Bar & Grill), and when we walked in my old friend "E" loudly inquired (loud enough for everyone @ the bar & nearby tables to hear), "iNuhBaD, you're not packing heat today, are you!?"  I truthfully said, "No!"  Sat at the bar, and Law girl asks, "Would you ever carry a gun?"  Me, "Maybe."  Her: Guns are so barbaric, and I could never live with a gun in my house or marry a guy with a gun.  Me: (While raising my MooseDrool beer to my lips) "Well, then remind me to not ask for your number tonight...*Drink*"  Her: ***SCOFF***  Well...  (Gets to her feet & takes off)  My first beer is done, "Hey, "E" I need another MooseDrool..."  That's how my evening went.  I should have expected to date a liberal if she's attending the University (especially law school).

Sully, I'd love to attend a Defensive Edge Alumni Shoot sometime this fall, if you can arrange one post on here, email me, or IM me, whatever to notify me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Why don't we have a shoot up at Princeton next weekend Saturday (06SEP03)works for me.
That is the Saturday before gunfair.
I was up there yesterday (30AUG03) and there was only 1 guy, a old coot sighting in his deer rifle, and about an hour later there was someone over on the pistol course so from what I can tell is there really isnt alot of people up there on a Saturday. So I thin if someone called Ken and asked maybe it could be done.
besides I need to meet up with Stubby to pick up some merchindise.
Who is up to it????????
Why is it that the only girls I ever tend to attract are complete psycho's!?

I just had a shitty day, and a crappy date with an INCREDIBLY HOT, WEALTHY, GRADUATE STUDENT ATTENDING LAW SCHOOL @ THE U OF MN. (She looked like a great prospect at first sight...) Then we went to my old bar (Big 10 Bar & Grill), and when we walked in my old friend "E" loudly inquired (loud enough for everyone @ the bar & nearby tables to hear), "iNuhBaD, you're not packing heat today, are you!?" I truthfully said, "No!" Sat at the bar, and Law girl asks, "Would you ever carry a gun?" Me, "Maybe." Her: Guns are so barbaric, and I could never live with a gun in my house or marry a guy with a gun.

iNuh that law student isn't good for you anyway.
She will end up being a flaming liberal, why else do you think she went into Law (jurious doctoret or what ever they call themselves) you should sue that bitch  for shooting off her exposed weapon(her mouth) and causing you undue duress could be worth a mint in punative damages, Then you can get us a gravel pit
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Stubby.

That was good shooting.

Good times-
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ok to show exactly how " non-tactical" I trully am, what is a kevlar mcneilson?

YOU GUYS BETTER START SPELLING MY NAME RIGHT OR I'M GONNA GET ALL TACTICAL AND SHIT!!!

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Uhmmm.....Minnesota may not have a DCC club....but there are a lot of clubs in MN that put on 3 gun matches.

Deltone-Luth/DPMS had one a few weeks ago
The St. Cloud Area Practical Shooting Association had one this spring and will have one again on the 20th or 21st
There is a 3 gun match being held this weekend at the Minnetonka game and Fish Club up in St. Francis

And.....just about everyweekend in summer there is atleast one practical pistol match somewhere within 60 miles of the TC's.

check out home.comcast.net/~mnsection/ for more info

And....last but not least.....if you want to shoot a great practical pistol match on the 13th (11 stages, 208 rounds) check out www.angelfire.com/extreme/gopheruspsa/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top