Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:00:45 AM EDT
Yet another post office worker goes nuts and blasts everyone is site.
Postal worker goes nuts
What the hell is it about these guys that freaks them out so bad? Too bad there were no conceal carry folks in there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
If they worked for a proctologist, would they be " going rectal"?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
When the post office has it's flag at half mast what does it mean???

A: Now hiring
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
My great grandfather was a postal letter carrier near Athens Texas at the turn of the (previous) century, and carried "The World's Right Arm":

Nobody went "Postal" back then!   More info/pix at home.earthlink.net/~plarkinjr/images/Guns/Colt_Bisley/
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yet another post office worker goes nuts and blasts everyone is site.
Postal worker goes nuts
What the hell is it about these guys that freaks them out so bad? Too bad there were no conceal carry folks in there.

The post office is a very regimented work enviroment and it takes a certain type of person to work there.  They become comfortable with someone controlling their every move and watching them constantly.  When they lose that "enviroment" sometime certain personality types will "snap!" I worked in a giant postal facility for over a year (building it, not working in it) and it was a whole other breed of person working there.  You have to literally kill someone to get fired from the post office, so this woman must have done something pretty severe to get canned in the first place. Really killing some people is just the next step! IMHO!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
myth or no (?)

I was told that the USPS has to give preferencial hiring to ex-military, but is restricted from making inquiries into their reason for discharge and therefore end up with some questionable characters who may be a bit twitchy.  

Again, no idea if it is true or not.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI, when the flag is at half-mast at the post office, it means that they are hiring!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a theory about that. I actually come from a long line of postal employees although I am not one of them.

For one thing, it's damn near impossible to get fired. You can be the most whacked out person alive, and they can't fire you unless they give you x number of warnings first and do all of the necessary paperwork.  Nobody wants to deal with the BS so everything just stays the same with 'asshole' still employed and everyone else either hating him or scared to death of him.

Everything there is very unionized, civil service oriented. There's typically not that many employees at any one location. The only way you ever get a promotion is if some leaves or dies. They your boss goes up one notch, you take his job, the guy beneath you takes your job etc.

All it takes is one irregularity in this slow, plodding carreer path and then SNAP! We're watching them haul out the bodies on the evening news.

Just my theory, but I'm sticking to it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Love that old colt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1932360824/ref=ase_theexile-20/103-5814241-0020628?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=theex
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing I have noticed about postal shootings, they come in groups. Expect a couple more over the next few month...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top