Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/1/2006 4:37:38 PM EDT
Obviously the liberals are going to introduce more and more bills to infringe on our gun rights year after year. The way I see it, eventualy there will be more gun control in NY. All we have ever managed to do is is to vote some of these bills down. Which isn't much considering that almost all Democrats vote for gun control, and almost all Republicans vote against. Nobody has pushed back what so ever to try to reverse the anti gun agenda, we have only created a few walls.

These are just a few ideas I have been thinking about. Please let me know what you think, and maybe we can build on them and actualy start to fight back.

1 Petition the Sheriffs departments in each county to repeal the NYS AWB.
From what I understand, this is exactly what Hillary did to promote Silvers gun legislation.
But I understand that most of the departments that signed the petition were in or around
NYC. This would leave the rest of them open to maybe sign against it? I know Ulster
County would probably sing!

2 Each member of this board tries to get friends and family to sign a petition from the citizens of NY.
How many people from NYS belong to this board? I can only imagine the amount of
signitures we could aquire.

3 Ask FFL dealers with actual store fronts and shops who get daily trafic at there business
to ask people for signitures.
Many of the NYS gun control bills would have negative effects on FFL dealers and I am
they would love to help put the liberals in there place.

I dont want things to get worse in this state and sit here thinking I should have or what if. I already know that my local representives are against any gun control clearly from tellephone conversations I have had with them. My thinking is that if we can get a petition going clear across the state, maybe it would even be recognized by the media and our voices would have to be heard. Again this is just some of the ideas I have that I wanted to share with you all. Any feed back would be welcome.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:04:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cowboyrick:
Obviously the liberals are going to introduce more and more bills to infringe on our gun rights year after year. The way I see it, eventualy there will be more gun control in NY. All we have ever managed to do is is to vote some of these bills down. Which isn't much considering that almost all Democrats vote for gun control, and almost all Republicans vote against. Nobody has pushed back what so ever to try to reverse the anti gun agenda, we have only created a few walls.

These are just a few ideas I have been thinking about. Please let me know what you think, and maybe we can build on them and actualy start to fight back.

1 Petition the Sheriffs departments in each county to repeal the NYS AWB.
From what I understand, this is exactly what Hillary did to promote Silvers gun legislation.
But I understand that most of the departments that signed the petition were in or around
NYC. This would leave the rest of them open to maybe sign against it? I know Ulster
County would probably sing!

2 Each member of this board tries to get friends and family to sign a petition from the citizens of NY.
How many people from NYS belong to this board? I can only imagine the amount of
signitures we could aquire.

3 Ask FFL dealers with actual store fronts and shops who get daily trafic at there business
to ask people for signitures.
Many of the NYS gun control bills would have negative effects on FFL dealers and I am
they would love to help put the liberals in there place.

I dont want things to get worse in this state and sit here thinking I should have or what if. I already know that my local representives are against any gun control clearly from tellephone conversations I have had with them. My thinking is that if we can get a petition going clear across the state, maybe it would even be recognized by the media and our voices would have to be heard. Again this is just some of the ideas I have that I wanted to share with you all. Any feed back would be welcome.

Thats the problem, it's not just the liberals anymore proposing this crap. It also the Republicans that do it too. Look at Pataki
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:43 PM EDT
people in shops would sign...but the PDs...im not sure if they would...rediculous law or not. They dont normally take an outward stance against it, in fear of repercussions at their job. I know I talked to a NYS trooper on the phone and asked what he thought about the law, he said he couldnt say because he could get basically repremanded for it.

We should be collecting signatures from FFL shops, and having copies circulated, and others sent to our govt officials...most definitly.

I know none of the dealers around me like the AW ban..but they must comply of course.

heres a question, what would happen if everyone revolted at once and didnt abide by it, you think they would enforce it and throw a ton of people in prison or, think twice? I ask this because some friends of mine were talking amongst themselves about what if the kids at our school had an organized party on campus, with all 4000 or so kids participating, what would the cops do, as there wouldnt be nearly enough to deal with it, and no jail or holding cells large enough for everyone.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:17:10 PM EDT
I know that police officers themselves couldn't sign, it would have to be the seargent of their department I believe. He would be signing for the whole department.

If an actual register or destroy law went into effect I think an all out boycot would help, but I think everyone would have to refuse to abide. What I want to do is start putting pressure on our representitives to get rid of our existing AWB.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:25:13 PM EDT

I know that police officers themselves couldn't sign, it would have to be the sergeant of their department I believe. He would be signing for the whole department.

They can't claim to act as a representative of their agency, but nothing prevents any citizen from supporting the political causes of their choice as a private individual. Only the CLEO of that agency can speak on an issue as a rep of that agency.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:27:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:

I know that police officers themselves couldn't sign, it would have to be the sergeant of their department I believe. He would be signing for the whole department.

They can't claim to act as a representative of their agency, but nothing prevents any citizen from supporting the political causes of their choice as a private individual. Only the CLEO of that agency can speak on an issue as a rep of that agency.

What about the PBA that the department belongs to?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:36:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:29 AM EDT
I once ordered the Bill Jacket for the NY AWB. A bill Jacket is a collection of documents concerning the bill that are filed with it as sort of a legislative history. There was a letter from Spitzer extolling the virtues of the bill and dozens of letters and e-mails from people and organizations from all over the state begging Pataki not to sign it. He didn't care what people thought then and doesn't now and Spitzer will only want to replace it with a more draconian version. It will never be repealed and our only hope is that it stays as it is.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Why won't we get it repealed? Because Silver and the dimocraps are too well entrenched to give up the Assembly... and if they are hellbent on further raping us, they certainly aren't going to pull out, take us to dinner and apologize for being so crude before and offer us a diamond ring.

Sorry guys, short of taking control of both houses, it isn't going away unless a court strikes it down... and good luck with that.

So true! The only chance is if we make NYC something like D.C. and remove it from NYS! Ah the dream!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:31:52 AM EDT
The Democrats have controlled the NYS Assembly for thirty years. They currently have a majority of 105-45. The Assembly is controlled by NYC Democrats and is a lost cause.

The Assembly just passed a bill (for the second year) that repeals the current AWB and replaces it with a version that now bans some pump action rifles and competition rifles/pistols in addition to "assault weapons". The only thing preventing this bill and numerous other anti-gun bills from being enacted into law is a very slim majority in the Senate. There is no support to repeal the current AWB in the Senate. If by some miracle the Senate did pass it the Assembly would let it die in committee. If by another miracle and the Assembly passed it Pataki would veto it.

It's critical that our efforts go into maintaining and preferably increasing the Republican majority in the Senate. This would send a clear message to the Democrats to start backing off on their silly feel good anti-gun legislation that has no effect on crime and only serves to restrict law abiding citizens.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:38:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
The Democrats have controlled the NYS Assembly for thirty years. They currently have a majority of 105-45. The Assembly is controlled by NYC Democrats and is a lost cause.

The Assembly just passed a bill (for the second year) that repeals the current AWB and replaces it with a version that now bans some pump action rifles and competition rifles/pistols in addition to "assault weapons". The only thing preventing this bill and numerous other anti-gun bills from being enacted into law is a very slim majority in the Senate. There is no support to repeal the current AWB in the Senate. If by some miracle the Senate did pass it the Assembly would let it die in committee. If by another miracle and the Assembly passed it Pataki would veto it.

It's critical that our efforts go into maintaining and preferably increasing the Republican majority in the Senate. This would send a clear message to the Democrats to start backing off on their silly feel good anti-gun legislation that has no effect on crime and only serves to restrict law abiding citizens.

Why are you saying that Pataki would veto it? Didn't he give us a shafting on the orriginal AWB? I think he'd sign it
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:53:54 PM EDT
If we could get the senate to suport this bill and even pass it, that would be a huge pluss one for us even if it died in the assembly. At least our voices would be heard. I agree that supprting elected officials that support our gun rights is very important in preserving our freedom, but the anti gun lobby goes to the exteme every year. Isn't it time we go to the extreme. We constantly here about anti gun agenda in the media, and barely ever here any progun veiwpoints. Most of the general public has no idea about the lies that these liberal democrats spew.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:02:04 PM EDT
What really gets me is between CCW's and repeal of the AWB in other states and no real Major problems why does Calie, NJ, NY, Washington, Chicago and some other states see the writing on the wall. It seems the problem lies in States with all these laws and in States where they don't there are no problems.

I also can not understand why NRA,NYSRPA, SCOPE and others ban. Instead of not showing up at these Anti News Shows they should start putting their Two cents in. Just like when the State of the Union last night. The Rep said their BS and then the Dem said theirs.

We need to have these groups get out in front and get air time and newspaper adds to point out all the things wrong with these laws. To point out like I said in States where they allow almost all Rifles and CCW the crime rate and incidents are down.

I am tired of people saying to me that I need to make a stand. Write to everyone on a list or e-mail and phone. To get out and be assertive well I am and it seems the organization's just Bitch to each other over Yahoo or what ever and EXCEPT FOR A COUPLE of PEOPLE do not get together and get out on the pavement.

I do all those letters and things along with give my money to these people and see ZILCH being done when these An-ti's make statements. I am also tired of hearing that the Media is owned by the Liberals. It's a free Country with freedom of speech. No way could they hold back our point of view getting out. What it all comes down to is the MONEY being spent that I give and they do not want to do it.

I sent a letter to one of the Yahoo groups saying Bill O is looking for people to come on his show. Normal everyday people to discuss their point of view on topics. Why not have one of these great Authors of E-mail and a President of an Pro gun group get on the show and do it.

Now I would if I had all the knowledge of the laws and the documentation like some of you guys had, but I am a novice when it comes to it. That is why I give my money to the so called professionals to stand up for my pro gun rights...WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU besides BEHIND A COMPUTER KEYBAORD talking to the people that know all this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:42:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shootemup:
Why are you saying that Pataki would veto it? Didn't he give us a shafting on the orriginal AWB? I think he'd sign it

Pataki has no interest in having the existing AWB repealed. He was instrumental in having it enacted into law in 2000 and couldn't wait to get it and his other anti-gun bill package signed.
Top Top