Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2021 11:09:44 PM EDT
I really miss getting up at the butt crack of dawn to be one of the first in line and spending a good portion of the day there.  Now, and as it's been for the last year, I have to make a reservation, weeks in advance, for 2 hour blocks and pay double for "rushed" shooting sessions.  

Lame

Didn't they hear Our Lord and Savior was "elected" and Covid was cured?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I was irritated by that as well,  anyone know if they still have the steel range up and running?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was irritated by that as well,  anyone know if they still have the steel range up and running?
View Quote
Yes, they do.  Different range - considerably smaller - for like 10 people max - and a different fee.  Same rules apply for time slots, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven’t been up there since all this covid asshattery started.

How much are range fees now?  
And, are you limited to a two-hour session?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
$7
Yes
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Starting tomorrow the Clay target center is taking walk ups for the sporting clay range and 5-Stand. Trap and skeet still need a reservation. Hoping the public main rifle/pistol range will go back to normal soon, too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven’t been up there since all this covid asshattery started.

How much are range fees now?  
And, are you limited to a two-hour session?
View Quote

$7/block but you can book as many sessions in a row as you'd like. I try and book 2, one for the 7am and 9am back to back so I can get everything done.  I usually pack up 1/2 way though the second but the two sessions allows me to slow down a touch.  Trying to sight in 2 or 3 rifles at 50 and confirm at 200, and also squeeze some practice in with pistols just isn't going to happen in a two hour session.  It's two hours but you're actually shooting 1/2 that at the most.  

Even if you get there as they start letting people "check in" and go straight to your table, you have to mad rush to get your targets posted up and out before they start shooting and even then, you'll spend the 1st session getting all your gear un-packed, your spotting scope dialed, etc, because you can't uncase or even touch the tables until shooting begins(That parts normal, and always has, but when you have limited time it's really a boner).  It's funny on the first "Resume firing" because it's dead silent on the range for a few minutes before you hear that first gunshot.  All your hear are zippers and latches from gun cases.  (I've got some of those fance battery powered headsets that hear stuff )
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally, I like the reservation system in place at Ben Avery and Joe Foss.

I hope they keep it in some partial form in the future.

Hopefully the days of showing up and waiting in line for 30 minutes are over.

Desert shooting is still best shooting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top