Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2021 11:07:08 AM EDT
I've been seeing this pop up more and more when viewing photos online.  Why the heck do people install their front BUIS backwards?

At first I thought it was the design of the brand they are using.  Now it appears this is not the case.  I've seen it on shotguns, rifles etc.

I'm baffled and trying to understand if it's newbs doing it wrong or there is a method to the madness.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
One thread from a intertube's search: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/flip_up_sights___flip_forward_or_backward_/18-703362/

That and others seem to indicate one reason to have it fold down towards the front is two fold. One is more space for a scope or similar sight or gear (light?) that extends out that far forward. The other is the rail system used may prevent folding toward the rear. Or could be some just like it folding forward rather than rearward. Shrugs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the insight.  That makes sense but I've seen people doing this on platforms with red dot optics as well.

IDK, to each their own I guess.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I out my Magpul rear sight on backwards. I wasn't really paying attention and it didn't have instructions
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it really matter???
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Your not my supervisor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top