Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:07:22 AM EDT
While it is a nice place to buy food, they have some crazy sign on the door about it being illegal to carry a firearm into the store.  

I know concealed carry means that no one should know you're armed but what is the worst that could happen if you did carry in there?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
They ask you to leave. That would be about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
How would they know if you are concealed. Might also want to ask them if they are guaranteeing your safety and willing to be sued if you are harmed and cannot defend yourself or family due to their policy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
alaman, can I get your permission to cite some of that in a letter that I've been meaning to send Tuesday Morning retail stores here in B'ham?  Something along the lines of:

"My colleagues and I have enjoyed shopping at your stores but have recently reached some concerns that we would like to address, if we may.  We have noticed a “No Weapons Allowed” sign posted at your storefront, although like many citizens most of us are licensed concealed carry weapons permit-holders.

In order for us to continue giving you our consistent patronage, we would like to know if you are guaranteeing our safety and willing to face legal consequences if we cannot defend ourselves and are harmed due to your policy.  Thank you very much for your concern and assistance, and we look forward to your reply."

I wish I could get some statistics of Alabama's percentage of CCW'ers
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Use away. I simply ignore their sign.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How would they know if you are concealed.

I agree concealed = no body knows you're carrying....but I carry a midsize pistol (Walther P5) in an OWB pancake holster concealed by a fishing type vest or an unbuttoned shirt.  I also have a 1y/o daughter and in the course of dealing with her (picking up, putting down, etc) it might be possible for someone to get a glimpse of my pistol.  

Just curious about the consequences.  During most business hours, the store has an off-duty LEO near the checkout area and I don’t want to end up getting arrested.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Really depends upon state law
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While it is a nice place to buy food, they have some crazy sign on the door about it being illegal to carry a firearm into the store.  

I know concealed carry means that no one should know you're armed but what is the worst that could happen if you did carry in there?

CalveryJim is that a new sign?  I see no such sign in the Metairie and Uptown locations.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

CalveryJim is that a new sign?  I see no such sign in the Metairie and Uptown locations.

Not sure...the store in BR just opened this summer and I haven't been to the Nawlins stores.  

The warning is stenciled in small letters at the bottom left on one of the automatic doors.  It's very easy to miss.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably just a standard store decor package.

Carry on, literaly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]
You mean Whole Paycheck?!?!?! I admit the place has some good food.. but DAMN, they are $$$$$. My friends shop there, I shop at another store, and they wonder why I have more guns then they do
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
No kidding...I've been meaning to check out that store but haven't had the time. I'd probably just ignore the sign and carry anyways, or just shop somewhere alse. From what i hear they are too expensive for my tastes. I do most of my grocery shopping at Wally World and the rest at South Side Produce on Perkins.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#12]
interesting.  i've been to the whole foods here in BR but haven't noticed that sign yet.  i'm probably just not being observant, though.

i know a LEO that works there after hours for a little extra cash, i'll ask him what his take on it is.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just curious about the consequences.  

Worst case scenario:

An off-duty cop/sec guard notes your "signature while shopping and notifies police. A uniform or two approaches you in the parking lot and requsts you to put your hands on your head. you will immediately know and inform him/them about the permit. They will relieve you of the weapon & check the permit, where by the nosy sec guard will stop by and make it a point that there is a no carry policy posted. You are noe at risk for losing your CCW for a period of 90 days, perhaps on a rare occasion suspended altogether.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top