Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 9:10:31 AM EDT
No need to reply if you're punking out, just those that actually are going, or at least think they might.

This is where I'm staying:
www.floridadiscounthotels.ws/gnv/Guest-House-Inn.html
Which appears to have since changed names to the Flamingo Inn & Suites....so I honestly have no idea if my reservation will be good or not.

At any rate, That's where I think we're staying.... If anyone wants to get together on Saturday night for a beer or a cigar or something, let me know.  IM or email me for cell #.
For anyone at the shoot, I'm the guy with the yellow Addidas visor (provided I don't forget it) and the tattos of the Great Seal on my calves.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to try and be there. I think.

Would love to get together Sat. night, but have had a night planned with the wife for some time now.

Couldnt get the addy you posted to work. Where is that at?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there with more friends than I can count.  Two will be in my vehicle with me.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there, getting in on Saturday afternoon and after check in at the Holiday Inn we will be out to play at the range then later my wife will be ready to play...what a great weekend.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Couldnt get the addy you posted to work. Where is that at?

fixed the link.  Its in lake city on 90 East of 75
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there.  Staying at the Holiday Inn as well.  I'd love to get together on Saturday night.  Also getting in Saturday afternoon, probably more towards evening.  Sent you an email Norman74.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be heading up on Friday night with the wife and kids. We have a family get together Saturday to attend. I'm not sure what time we'll be back at the motel, but it should be before dark. We are staying at the Day's Inn(i think?) there on US90 right off of I75.

I would definately be up for going and getting some driks somewhere!

556mm
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have NO idea where in Lake City there is to get drinks, and not get drooled on by the two-tooth mullet-wearers.  If all else fails I'm sure we could meet up at someone's hotel & take over the balcony or something, lol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
If all else fails... A balcony would work !!!

But not at my motel, it belongs to some distant family members and they are strong cristian types. Wouldn't want to get in trouble and get my dad upset at me.

556mm
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Just out of curiosity, how old is everybody?  I'm 28 myself, and the guy i'm bringing with me is 28 too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#10]
28 as well.

I'm sure there has to be a major chain restaurant with a bar somewhere on 90.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
me=31, wife=27
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess it goes without saying that I'll be there.  .

I guess I'm the old man, I'll be 43 Sunday, day of the shoot. Don't let that fool you though, I can hold my own, ask those young whipper snapers I shoot with every month.

I'll also be at the range Saturday morning driving a blue Expedition.

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there.

Happy Birthday Dirk...just 43? Wait 'till ya turn 50 brother, shit you won't believe is gonna start happening! Ha!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'll be there.

Happy Birthday Dirk...just 43? Wait 'till ya turn 50 brother, shit you won't believe is gonna start happening! Ha!

Corvette and a 21 year old?

WooHoo!  

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Barring a horrific catastrophe, I (29 )intend to be there with a friend (33).  It will our first trip out there.

He doesn't intend to shoot, but I'm going to take enough ammo and try to goad him into it once we're there.

I'm the skinny Jesus looking guy in the red F150.

What time in the morn' does every one show up?  I'm heading over from Jax.  I don't know how long the trip is and I need to allow for 'Where the hell are we?' time.

Chuck
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Barring a horrific catastrophe, I (29 )intend to be there with a friend (33).  It will our first trip out there.

He doesn't intend to shoot, but I'm going to take enough ammo and try to goad him into it once we're there.

I'm the skinny Jesus looking guy in the red F150.

What time in the morn' does every one show up?  I'm heading over from Jax.  I don't know how long the trip is and I need to allow for 'Where the hell are we?' time.

Chuck

45 min for me from the Northside.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Chuck

Get there early as possible to help set up.  This is the entire reason I'm spending money to stay in Lake City when I could stay in Gainesville for free; I am planning to get there early to help set up.  Of course, the best laid plans.....
But, hopefully all will work out and we'll be out there early.  I believe the festivities officially begin at 9AM.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chuck

Get there early as possible to help set up.  This is the entire reason I'm spending money to stay in Lake City when I could stay in Gainesville for free; I am planning to get there early to help set up.  Of course, the best laid plans.....
But, hopefully all will work out and we'll be out there early.  I believe the festivities officially begin at 9AM.

Thanks Norman, the organizers of FDCC would like to thank everyone that donates their time to make our little club possible.

Dirk

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there.

Corvette and a 21 year old?

WooHoo!  

Dirk

Yeaaah...heheheh    
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dirk

What?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I can hold my own, ask those young whipper snapers I shoot with every month.
Dirk

Don't mess with Dirk.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dirk

What?

You never miss a shoot, even after surgery...

Dirk

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can hold my own, ask those young whipper snapers I shoot with every month.
Dirk

Don't mess with Dirk.

Did you get the drinks?

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did you get the drinks?

Dirk

Yes. Five cases total. I'll bring them iced.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you get the drinks?

Dirk

Did they mix them up or are all of them Coke
? Did they give you a banner?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you get the drinks?

Dirk

Did they mix them up or are all of them Coke
? Did they give you a banner?

Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite. No banner. I did ask about the banner and the girl there didn't know anything about it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#28]
We are leaving here about 10am tomorrow. It's about a 450 mile trip.
(Long distance award heLooking forward to meeting everyone!!!!
Time to go play some ghost recon and get some practice
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I would suggest the Appleby's (Spelling?).  It's on East 90 and very close to the Holiday Inn.  I would suggest around 7 or 8 Sat. night?
I know norman74 offered his cell phone and I have his and he has mine, but did anyone else get your number Rob?  If you haven't gotten his number feel free to im or email me as well.
I'll be leaving around 2-3 tomorrow afternoon from the Tampa Area.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Screw you guys, Im not showing up. Im taking all the prizes and running off to California... Oh wait, none of this stuff is allowed in California!   BTW, I am 31.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:06:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Screw you guys, Im not showing up. Im taking all the prizes and running off to California... Oh wait, none of this stuff is allowed in California!   BTW, I am 31.

Funny, from the pics I wouldn't have thought you were a day over 17.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I am somewhere in between 29 and 31.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#33]
About 13 hours from the shoot.... Ahhhhh.... What do i do in 13 hours time ........ Sleep i cant sleep...... Oh well cant wait as you can tell ill see everyone there earlllyyy if i look half way dead i probably didnt sleep well :). Ughhh 4 hours til i leave for the shoot now ahhhhhhh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top