Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 2:28:28 PM EDT
money or materials to building another holder for the large steel plate at FOP?

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
money or materials to building another holder for the large steel plate at FOP?

Count me in.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Lemme know what I can do...I don't have any spare angle iron laying around, but I can help deliver, install, and/or defray cost. I just need a week or two notice. Did I mention I have MAD supervisory skill?!?

I LOVE that gong!!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thinking, Bradd.  Count me in for sure.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd really like to build something a little more durable.  Any ideas?  I was thinking something with the arms out to the side to reduce the chance of being shot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
How much you wanna spend?  Look at these COOL targets.  They aren't very expensive.  Well, some can get a little high dollar (to those of us who drop money in parking lots ).

www.letargets.com/html/steel.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Search on the web for these targets and 'borrow' their design...hell, improve on their designs.

Are you handy with the tools?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhh, too slow...)-:

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell id kick in on that, what happend to the " other " one?  Did u fellas level the berm with Tannerite?
I miss one shoot and there ya go.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Lots of Tannerite for sure.  But the 8" steel target stand took one too many hits from various .30 caliber rifles.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lots of Tannerite for sure.  But the 8" steel target stand took one too many hits from various .30 caliber rifles.  

What?!? The .223 didn't hurt it?!?! Sorry, I beg to differ. I seen all sizes 'o holes in that poor angle iron!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?!? The .223 didn't hurt it?!?! Sorry, I beg to differ. I seen all sizes 'o holes in that poor angle iron!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I can understand your enthusiasm, but stick to shooting squirrels, ok?  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Mark...I'm really diggin' the resetting poppers.  We could probably get a few if we split the cost among several people.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:48:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking the same thing, Bradd.

Let's get serious about this.  I'll kick in $20 (unless I drop it in a parking lot   ).  Bradd, do you want to hold the money?

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Bradd, since you're spending time in 'Bama a lot these days, I could collect money from the GA guys.  Let me know how to help.  I'm treating this as "your baby" but will assist in any way you need.

You might also want to contact Jon (Mike posted the address in another thread about the 'Bama shoot).  It sounds like Jon can "fix" the target stand that fell.  So what we're proposing to do is add some new stuff to the range.  If you want me to contact him I can, but it's your call (no pun intended).  Like I said, I'm just your "bitch" in this.  

Mark
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Like I said, I'm just your "bitch" in this.  

Don't kid yourself.  You are EVERYone's bitch, ya douchebag!  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, my Chili Master.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll kick in 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#18]
So, what's up with this?  We gonna really try to do something?  Bradd, you want me to call Jon and ask what he needs most?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:44:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So, what's up with this?  We gonna really try to do something?  Bradd, you want me to call Jon and ask what he needs most?

If you could call Jon and find out what he would like the most help with, that would be great.  I'm more than happy to help with the labor/materials/cash, but the logistics definitely aren't my cup of tea.

Thanks, buddy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Ill put 20 on it. Lets see how many folks want to pitch in.
Joel
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Okay, Bradd.  I'll call Jon later today.  After speaking with him, I'll tack something in the GA Hometown forum and I'll collect money from the GA guys.

I will keep a list of what I’ve collected for audit purposes (just in case anyone questions me; you never know I might drop the money in a parking lot ) but prefer to not publish the donation list.  Some people may not be able to afford it.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm in for $20.00.

ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top