Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:32:13 AM EDT
I received an email (I won't name sources here) on Friday that read:

"It is with a heavy heart that I must relay the following terrible news. At around 3 pm today our friend and shooting buddy DAVID HALL the Redneck Gunsmith left the range for the last time. I am still unsure of the particulars but I do know that he died doing what he loved. He was sitting at his shooting bench fouling #2 (the baby boomer) for the final match this Saturday at Hardrock when something happened and he was shot and killed. We are all still in shock and unsure of just what happened. Please keep his family in your prayers. "

I don't know who he was, but that sounds terrible.

?????????

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:05:37 PM EDT
Never heard of him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:51 PM EDT
He lived in Jackson County. I have met him before, but I meet a lot of people.

Hearsay imformation is that he had AD, struck his thigh and died from his wound.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:25:49 PM EDT
David was a great guy. Did a few rifles for me, and was friends with a lot of the deputies in my department. It was an AD (I was 10-8 when it happened). He left behind his wife, teenage daughter, and his young (4 or 5 yoa) son. He was a fine man, and will be missed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:33:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:10:39 AM EDT
I'll ask if anything is lacking. When I asked Monday, everybody was still in shock. I'm going through a friend, instead of directly through the family, so it may be a couple of days. If nothing else, I'm sure all prayers willl be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:07:35 AM EDT
He was working for Jerd Joplin of Patriot Arms (intern/buddies ect...) at the time. I did not know him, but from the guys that did he was a very fine man.

There will be a benifit match at gunsite hills for his family sometime in Nov or Dec. There will also be a gun raffle in his honor. Contact Patriot Arms or Gunsite Hills for more info about the match and raffle. Raffle is $25 per ticket.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:20:29 PM EDT
I've known David for a couple of years now. I wouldn't exactly say that he was a close friend, but he was definetely a shooting acquantance and we'd often shoot at Gunsite Hills together. He was a super nice guy and provided really good gunsmithing services for next to nothing.
As for him working at Patriot Arms- that's news to me not to say its untrue or anything. It's possible though since Jerod and him were in the same gunsmithing class. On December 03, there will be a match at Gunsite Hills and all proceeds will go to his family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:35:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lawman734:
I've known David for a couple of years now. I wouldn't exactly say that he was a close friend, but he was definetely a shooting acquantance and we'd often shoot at Gunsite Hills together. He was a super nice guy and provided really good gunsmithing services for next to nothing.
As for him working at Patriot Arms- that's news to me not to say its untrue or anything. It's possible though since Jerod and him were in the same gunsmithing class. On December 03, there will be a match at Gunsite Hills and all proceeds will go to his family.

Check your email or SH IM re: Badger rings, please.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:27:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Lawman734:

According to Jerd he was working for him a little.
I did not know him though, still a big loss to the gun community.
Top Top