Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2006 11:22:58 PM EDT
I got to work today, hadn't been there 15 minutes when I get a frantic call to the garden center. I head that way and find out that someone has thrown a bag full of new release DVDs over the fence. Luckily an associate was out there and grabbed the bag before the thief could come out and retrieve it. So I go back into the store looking for the guy.

Having no luck I'm strolling back towards my office when I see a guy grab an MP3 player. I follow him to the bathroom. He ducks inside and proceeds to swipe the player. As soon as he leaves the bathroom, another associate grabs the empty package and we head off after the guy. He exits the store.

We approach him, he sees us and takes off. Luckily the guy with me is faster than the wind, and snatches the dude by the back of his coat. Then I pile on and we commance to fighting. This was one of the strongest guys I have come up against yet. We got him on the ground and I finally managed to get him cuffed.

The dumbass keeps fighting me even after I cuffed him. I had stood him up, but he ended up back on the ground after trying to get away.

All of that over $100 worth of merchandise. I've got 2 sore knees and a cut on my hand(I pinched myself trying to handcuff him). Turns out the real reason he fought were the pesky felony warrants he had He's been busted at the store before, so the simple shoplifting instead becomes burglary.

I love my job sometimes
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 3:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like MrsK needs to attend to your every whim for the next several days!

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like it's the season for it. Our LP people caught 2 or 3 yesterday, and were tracking several more. I can't really figure out why people think stealing it is better. Everyone pays more money for stuff and the risk of getting caught increases all the time, as well as the consequences.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Putting away the scum the government doesn't want to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I want to wrestle!

But they have to be female supermodels.  Naked.  In a pool of baby oil.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember the purse-snatching scene in Crocodile Dundee, where Mick Dundee beans the thief with a can of creamed corn or some shit like that?  Well, maybe you need to carry around a couple of cans of miscellaneous vegetables for those situations.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds like MrsK needs to attend to your every whim for the next several days!

HMMPH!  I've been doing that for YEARS...what does the next several days have to do with it?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Wallyworld must have way different elements for arrest then Freddies does.

Had I taken a guy like that after he hit the bathroom, even if I found him with the merch on him, i'd have been fired.

Good grab though....Hope you made him pay for fighting...

I hate to say it by my toughest arrest was a small, little, skinny meth maggot chick who stole shoes.

She was doped up, slippery as an eel, and fought like a wildcat.

busted up my right knee pretty bad getting that one in the bag.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd have wallmart cover the cost for my grappling/crav maga classes if I had to deal with that on a daily basis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top