User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:57:48 AM EDT
Just a roadtrip away.  

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=443495

Quoted:
Rachel Corrie Pancake Breakfast
by Melvin Kassam • Sunday March 05, 2006

The Rachel Corrie Memorial Committee of Victoria Invites you to a pancake breakfast at Denny's Restaurant Sunday March 12 , 2006 10 am.

The Public is invited to a memorial pancake breakfast at Denny's Restaurant on Douglas Street near Finlayson, 10 am, Sunday March 12, 2006 to celebrate the life and untimely death of Rachel Corrie, Peace Activist with the International Solidarity Movement.

There will be a reading of selections from Ms. Corrie's letters and diary, followed by a ceremony at Topaz Park, where a stone cairn will be erected in her honour.

Attendees are encouraged to wear their keffiahs, and to dress in black.

No weapons, drugs, or alcohol please.

http://www.palsolidarity.org/main/

ISM offers many ways for you to get involved in the struggle for Palestinian freedom. Whether you’re thinking of traveling to Palestine to work with us, or you’d like to work to educate your community about the reality in Palestine, we welcome your involvement.

victoria.indymedia.org/news/2006/03/49603.php

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Would that not be just as wrong as some other group protesting at a Soldiers Funeral?

I have an idea...

Lets make a law against it!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Who said anything about protesting? (Besides, it's Canada)

Besides you know the proposed change to the law isn't against protesting, it's about disrupting, but lets not bother with those pesky little facts  mmmmmk?  

Maybe I just want some pancakes and bacon and I want to wear my new hat

Just ignore the irony of holding a memorial pancake breakfast for someone who got flattened by a bulldozer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
NO R-32, asshattery should be ridiculed.

How about a keffiah and a black rifle-
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
NO R-32, asshattery should be ridiculed.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/Keffiya.jpg
How about a keffiah and a black rifle-

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Besides you know the proposed change to the law isn't against protesting, it's about disrupting, but lets not bother with those pesky little facts  mmmmmk?  

Yup...

If it is a group of  conservative's it is a disruption, but if it is a group if libtard pukes, it is a protest.

BTW: Im up for Pancakes and sausage. and I love your hat!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.pdcigrosseto.it/foto/rachel.JPG

That'll buff right the fuck out.  Mom always told me not to play on construction sites.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I had some groovy shit for the "enlightened progressives" to try to answer, but then I read thier privacy policy:

imc-vic : privacy
Privacy Policy
Under Construction

If you have any suggestions please send them to Imc-Vic

Last updated Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:33:44 -0700

imc-vic : privacy (top)

They're so busy crying for the terrorists they don't have any time to do what damn near every other website has already been able to take care of, like tell people WTF is done with any info they get about you, from you, or your computer.

Post there at your own peril, I say.  Have a good firewall for your machine if you do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree 100%, well 98%.  The bottom two pics might of gone too far.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The bottom two pics might of gone too far.

Think if is as a Public Service Anouncement,

Do not stand infront of a Bull Dozer with only a Megaphone.

She is worm food was  a Terrorist Supporter, and most likely it was the fault of her parents and the liberal education system she participated in. I am willing to bet she was not paying too much attention in Physics class.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
A pancake breakfast for the "patron saint of pancakes"?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mess with the bull, don't complain when you get the horns .  Common Sense tells me do not stand in front of the 500 HP earth moving thingy no matter what color jacket I'm wearing!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL77/858902/5228703/67340079.jpg

So young...

So full of hate...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe I just want some pancakes and bacon and I want to wear my new hat
www.funinlife.net/ebay/FuninLife/cap/hiphop/image1.jpg

I think you need a t-shirt to go with the hat:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mess with the bull, don't complain when you get the horns .  Common Sense tells me do not stand in front of the 500 HP earth moving thingy no matter what color jacket I'm wearing!

Pinko Commie Gardenburger eating Libtard, parents smoking and screwing in front of her or not.  The botom two pics IMO went too far.   As a Father I would not like it if pictures of my daughter either getting killed or lying on her death bed in some hospital were shown.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

As a Father I would not like it if pictures of my daughter either getting killed or lying on her death bed in some hospital were shown.

You are a good father, and a good man Gibby, But..

Once your daughter turn's 18 you have no say. Like it or not....

Im willing to bet the sonofabitch was proud to see his little terrorist loving baby girl burning a hand drawn American flag on Terrorist soil.....
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Excerpts from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Come off it, Mr Dent,", he said, "you can't win you know. You can't lie in front of the bulldozer indefinitely." He tried to make his eyes blaze fiercely but they just wouldn't do it.

"Mr Dent," he said.

"Hello? Yes?" said Arthur.

"Some factual information for you. Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?"

"How much?" said Arthur.

"None at all," said Mr Prosser, and stormed nervously off wondering why his brain was filled with a thousand hairy horsemen all shouting at him.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a Father I would not like it if pictures of my daughter either getting killed or lying on her death bed in some hospital were shown.

You are a good father, and a good man Gibby, But..

Once your daughter turn's 18 you have no say. Like it or not....

Im willing to bet the sonofabitch was proud to see his little terrorist loving baby girl burning a hand drawn American flag on Terrorist soil.....

If my daughter(s) ever burned an American flag, they would not be my daughter much longer.  

Yes, it's true that we hope our children do well for themselves once they leave the nest.  The way I look at it is we have 7 - 10 years in which to install moral standards in our children.  After that, they will either be great kids or a pain in the ass until they day you die.

I have failed to do this in at least one of my girls.  The oldest imo is lost (maybe she will change), the middle one is awesome and the youngest might be brought back onto the right path.  (after a few beatings j/k)

Opps, I've gone off track here.

Pancakes sound good.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]
CAT Rental Store, CAT Camoflague....

Where the hell is that big ass bag of hats I collected over the years? I know I have at least a dozen CAT hats somewhere.

And I know Dennys has Sugar Free Syrup.

ETA: How the hell did I miss this gem?

Quoted:
ISM offers many ways for you to get involved in the struggle for Palestinian freedom. Whether you’re thinking of traveling to Palestine to work with us, or you’d like to work to educate your community about the reality in Palestine

The reality is if you are dumb enough to stand in front of an uparmored D-10.......

A pressure bandage aint gonna be much help.

I lost that dozer emoticon.

It was in the other thread.....

I cant seem to save it.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#20]
As Posted on Little Green Footballs. . .  Hotlink is OK, as LGF is a proud member of the VRWC.

From The Rachel Corrie Memorial Committee of Victoria:

. . .No weapons, drugs, or alcohol please.

Too bad they won't hold their breakfast in Evergreen's hometown.  They would have a shit-hemorrhage seeing a bunch of ARFCOMers in Caterpillar regalia show up to have "Moons Over My Hammy" and "Grand Slams".  They would have a stroke witnessing the show-and-tell sessions in the parking lot afterwards.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, shit.  Yes, politically-speaking she was a mono-issue dipshit.  Yes, wrapped up in her youth-fueled rebellion she badmouthed her country and was blind to the true values it represents.  And yes, if you don't want to die, you shouldn't stand in front of an armored bulldozer operating in a hot area.

All that said, I don't want to see pictures of a young dead girl, even if she was an addle-pated nincompoop.  

With all your gleeful crowing and cawing, you'd think she was some kind of a top-level terrorist.  She wasn't.  She was a young girl who passionately embraced some very stupid ideals.  No one was able to help her see the error of her thinking.  And now this young girl is dead, 'cause she thought the bulldozer would stop.

So go ahead and criticize what she believed in all you want.  I'll do nothing but agree with you.  But when y'all talk about showing up at the big hippie rally in a Cat cap, you remind me of all those shitheads mugging for the cameras in front of the strung up Blackwater contractors.  Cheering about the death of this stupid girl is the act of a coward.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm pretty much with DirtyBird on this one. I don't know if I'd call someone cheering her death a coward, but I'd certianly call the person a no class piece of shit. Going to the pancake feed with a cat hat would pretty much be on par with the Cindy Sheehan assholes going to the vets funerals we have been hearing about lately.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Cheering her death and pointing out the lack of substance in memorializing a girl who fought for some non-existent 'great cause' are two seperate things. Common sense keeps most people alive. Lack of common sense kills.

This is the internet and I doubt any one of the people posting in this thread will attend the memorial.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm pretty much with DirtyBird on this one. I don't know if I'd call someone cheering her death a coward, but I'd certianly call the person a no class piece of shit. Going to the pancake feed with a cat hat would pretty much be on par with the Cindy Sheehan assholes going to the vets funerals we have been hearing about lately.

So we're agreed she was a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing "Rachel Corrie" is on my to-do list.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I believe that the pancake breakfast is a joke, a result of internet flame wars between the various pro israeli, propalestine, etc people.  That's the thing about indymedia.org, they'll post anything without bothering to verify it,  sounds like Dan Rather doesn't it?

Rachel Corrie and her ideals had her working on behalf of ISM.  The International Solidarity Movement, being pretty much a terrorist support and aide agency. They may claim to be non violent, but they are supporting those who are violent.

Wearing a caterpillar hat in front of those who idolize what she was doing when she was killed,not what she thought she was doing but what she actually was doing,  is a reality check for them, a bit of cold water in the face, a wake up call, perhaps a hint that they should dig a little deeper and find the full truth behind the "houses" she was standing in front of and what the real goals of the handlers that would entice them to go on a "noble quest" to Gaza are.

Come on, they've (being ISM supporters) have turned it into a stage play.

BTW- no one I know of is going to go to British Columbia to have pancakes at Dennys.

Everyone knows if you go to Canada you go to Tim Hortons!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So we're agreed she was a piece of shit.

No, I didn't call her a PoS. She got herself killed for something she obviously felt strongly about. I'd say that made her a dumbass, but not a PoS.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Wearing a caterpillar hat in front of those who idolize what she was doing when she was killed,not what she thought she was doing but what she actually was doing,  is a reality check for them, a bit of cold water in the face, a wake up call, perhaps a hint that they should dig a little deeper and find the full truth behind the "houses" she was standing in front of and what the real goals of the handlers that would entice them to go on a "noble quest" to Gaza are.

That depends on why they are gathered. If it's the general monthly meeting for ISM supporters, I say have at it. If they are gathered for a memorial for one of their group members, then it would be crass and out of place to show with the cat hats. Like I said, really no different than the Sheehan supporters that have been making protests at  Veteran funerals recently, crass, out of line, pieces of shit.

I have no idea if the pancake feed is a legit thing or not. I have never heard of this indymedia.org until this thread. I sure hope no one is going from here. I've heard it said that some expect more from arfcommers. I agree with that, I'd sure hope arfcommers would be a cut above, not a cut below.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Some of you pussies Gentle Readers need to get over it.

Look at this-

And this-

then this-

Now look at this-

And THEN you're offended?

All 4 of these folks had the same thing in common- They ALL meant to see harm come to my fellow soldiers, and the American people.

A terrorist, is a fucking terrorist, whether it's an American born, seditious traitor, in collusion with or working parallel to, a supporter, supplier, enabeler or actor from a terrorist organization, they are ALL equally complicant in the acts of that terrorist organization, AND I FOR ONE, HAVE NOT THE LEAST SHRED OF MERCY FOR ANY OF THEM.

[Insert that which shall not be said on ARFCom here.]

Please- Let's not bother to try and debate on this issue, we'll just have to agree to disagree. While we do so, just know that I'm glad that my bretheren and I can supply the right for you to speak well of human shit like that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Look at this-
img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/pun023.jpg

And this-
img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/dead_mother_fucker.jpg

then this-
img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/BADDEAD1.jpg

Now look at this-
img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Matt45/rachel_corrie_dead.jpg

And THEN you're offended?

All 4 of these folks had the same thing in common- They ALL meant to see harm come to my fellow soldiers, and the American people.

A terrorist, is a fucking terrorist, whether it's an American born, seditious traitor, in collusion with or working parallel to, a supporter, supplier, enabeler or actor from a terrorist organization, they are ALL equally complicant in the acts of that terrorist organization, AND I FOR ONE, HAVE NOT THE LEAST SHRED OF MERCY FOR ANY OF THEM.

[Insert that which shall not be said on ARFCom here.]

Please- Let's not bother to try and debate on this issue, we'll just have to agree to disagree. While we do so, just know that I'm glad that my bretheren and I can supply the right for you to speak well of human shit like that.

+87zillion.

Rot in pieces you anti American, kommie pinko libtard pos.

Her parents may have filled her young head with all that garbage, she chose to stay on that road, that and arrogance combined with a total lack of common sense cost that stupid wench her life.

And the gene pool is indeed better off for it.

BTW, I personally hope all the supporters of terrorism live short lives, and can all join her in their quest ofr 72 virgins.

Kill em all, let Allah sort em out.

Phil, Ive driven further than BC for less than just pancakes. Now exactly which Dennys is this again?

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Grow up. What a class act, NOT!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Grow up. What a class act, NOT!

That's your opinion P800. I'm one of those that disagree with it. I am sick of anti-American libtards that enjoy the education, economy and safety of this country, while cursing those that offer their lives to bring it to them. Just like terrorists, they deserve no compassion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Matt, it's clear we can always count on you for a reasonable, calm and collected response.  Thank you for it.

If it makes you feel good, go ahead and keep calling me a pussy.  But capering about with joy about the death of stupid Rachel Corrie still puts you in the same league as those Iraqi dipshits jumping with joy about the dead Blackwater guys, or the Sheehan followers protesting at soldiers' funerals.  That's some pretty auspicious company you're keeping, Matt.

Preserve life if you can, especially your own.  Take life if you must, without hesitation.  But recognize that death, anybody's death, is a solemn fucking event.  If you want to make jokes about a stupid girl getting greased by a bulldozer go ahead.  It just means you have no class.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But capering about with joy about the death of stupid Rachel Corrie still puts you in the same league as those Iraqi dipshits jumping with joy about the dead Blackwater guys, or the Sheehan followers protesting at soldiers' funerals.  That's some pretty auspicious company you're keeping, Matt.

You're only somewhat correct there, Dirty Bird.  He may be playing in the same league, but we all know whose team he's on, and it aint any of the ones you mentioned, no sir.  That should be clear.  Also, if the Sheehan types are protesting soldiers funeral's, that is nothing compared to that piece of shit Fred Phelps and his followers.  (best to leave the link cold, I think.  Highlight it, copy and paste it in your browser's address line, if you really want to see it) http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

Preserve life if you can, especially your own.  Take life if you must, without hesitation.  But recognize that death, anybody's death, is a solemn fucking event.  If you want to make jokes about a stupid girl getting greased by a bulldozer go ahead.  It just means you have no class.

If we all took the time to treat everyone's death the way you suggest, there would be no time for a coffee and doughnut break.  I'm already way behind on the honeydoo list.  There comes a point where a human being wastes their life because of some incredibly stupid and unnattainable level of idealism, based on false pretenses, that folks are allowed to say "that was a really dumb thing to do", even poke fun at it if necessary.  You can practice all the solemnity you want, but your ideals aren't everyone's, and never will be.

Class is a weird thing.  It seems easy to attack when it doesn't live up to your expectations.  Is it possible for classy people live in trashy trailer parks?  Be homeless?  Kill people?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If you want to make jokes about a stupid girl getting greased by a bulldozer go ahead.  It just means you have no class.

Cheering about the death of this stupid girl is the act of a coward.

Your opinion...and that is all it is.

My opinion...and that is all it is.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want to make jokes about a stupid girl getting greased by a bulldozer go ahead.  It just means you have no class.

That and we all know about opinions and A-holes!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That and we all know about opinions and A-holes!

Yup, and to be honest...

I have been called a lot worse by a lot better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Yup, and to be honest...
I have been called a lot worse by a lot better.

Doh!

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Denny's
3100 Douglas St.
Victoria, BC
V8Z 3K2
Tel: (250) 382-3844

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Doh!

Wait a minute, I took all that to mean I'm the asshole.  Aren't I the asshole?

As for opinions and all that, you're damn right, it's just a big mess of opinion everywhere.  I just want to be clear that I don't think anything that girl did was right, or worthwhile.  Far from it.  

I just got hot under the collar about all the jokes about her death.  I looked at my (future) stepdaughter, imagined something happening to her and a bunch of Internet joking happening about it, and I got mad.

As for class, YOPD is right that it's in the eye of the beholder.  In the endless string of dead end jobs that is my past, I met some of the finest Goddamn people I've ever known, right down at the bottom of society.  The measure of a man is in how he acts, not where he works or what he owns.

Perhaps YOPD is also right that my way is a bit too preachy, or time consuming.  I sure made a mess of astronaut jokes when the Challenger blew up.  I'm not gonna light a candle for the girl, or anything like that.  I guess it just bums me out that this girl Rachel went so far astray, at such a young age, and got snuffed out before she had a chance to see what a dipshit she was.  Rather than making me want to post a dancing banana emoticon, the whole thing just makes me sad.

Anyway, thanks for an interesting, hot-headed conversation.  I'll see you at the next disagreement.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Just FYI:

YOPD really luv's them pancakes!  But Denny's pancakes?  !  Let the freakin' terrorists have all of the Denny's pancakes they want!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't disagree with what DirtyBird has said, I do however draw the line further out than he seems to.

If I were to draw the line, not that I'm saying this is wear DirtyBird draws his line, to abstane from counter participating at any event that is listed in memorium of anyone, then I'd have to block myself from counter demonstrating when the Million Mommies (all 3 of them) come to town in their pink van or hold an antigun rally at Seattle Center, or when Ceasefire protests at WAC shows, they can easily label all of those as memorial events.

Would I have joked about wearing a CAT hat at her funeral, a prefuneral or post memorial service for her family or friends, or a graveside rememberance?  No.

Would I crack about wearing a CAT hat to an event seemingly being hosted by www.palsolidarity.org(AKA ISM), at a Dennys in a city in another country?  Heck, yes I would.  If I had an infidel or team infidel shirt, I'd joke about wearing that too. Had the release indiacted that her parents would be in attendence, that would be a different matter.

It's been almost three years since she died, (March 16th), her parents have sued Caterpillar, for supplying the bulldozer, and she's been turned into an anti-Israeli martyr and talking point by the anti-Israeli factions.  

Palsolidarity.org, wouldn't hold an event for any purpose other then to bash Israel around, a claim of anything else is merely a smoke screen.  Much like the gunbanners, they have one message, only one message, Their message will always be "Israel is bad Mmmmmmmmmm K?"

To add to the hoax quotiant:
BTW if you google "Rachel Corrie Memorial Committee of Victoria" it returns only 30 hits, all of them being the pancake breakfast announcement.  Dennys knows nothing about a special event on Sunday and the City of Victoria Parks Department knows nothing about there being an authorization to place a a stone cairn in Topaz Park and when asked what would happen if they found an unauthorized monument of any sort, they said that they would simply remove it. (Having a VOIP phone makes calls to CA free of long distance charges )  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I sure made a mess of astronaut jokes when the Challenger blew up.  

And who again is it that has no class?

The Challenger astronauts were in service to all mankind and the nation and died a horrible accidental death, not at their own choosing, nor their own hand and not by their own choice.

Rachel Corrie was obviously guilty of sedition, arguably guilty of treason, and guilty of supporting terorrists. She died by her own hand due to her own blatant stupidity.

Let me go on record in plain english by saying motherfuck Rachel Corrie, her libtard Mother and Father, and any and all other supporters of Palistinian terrorists and all other terrorists that our soldiers are fighting and sacrificing their lives in fighting daily.

God Bless America!

....and should I ever happen to stumble across her grave, what I do wont pass for flowers.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt, it's clear we can always count on you for a reasonable, calm and collected response.  Thank you for it.

If it makes you feel good, go ahead and keep calling me a pussy.  But capering about with joy about the death of stupid Rachel Corrie still puts you in the same league as those Iraqi dipshits jumping with joy about the dead Blackwater guys, or the Sheehan followers protesting at soldiers' funerals.  That's some pretty auspicious company you're keeping, Matt.

DB- It's just as clear that you don't have a stomach for reality. WTF is your problem-don't you think terrorists come with blond hair, or blue eyes?

Who the fuck is "jumping for joy"? What, are you some kind of pinhead that can't seperate the difference between my expressing happiness on the interent, Vs. chanting and holding a placard at a funeral?

The difference is, I call a spade a spade, BUT I DON'T do it out in the streets, and on camera for the world to see. Lumping me in with the lot of them is pretty fucking retarded, does that make you a liberal dipshit, to even suggest that, let alone see it in that light?

Seeing human shit like that like getting scraped up off the ground like so much fertilizer only serves to put a smile on my face, and the resolve in my heart to assist in making it happen again.

Class? In my profession, I train to and kill for a living, WTF is classier than THAT? I failed sensitivity training, could care less about protocol or what my friggin' neighbors think. ALL you really need to know is that "You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall...."

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#47]
This reminds me of a thread in GD,

A member has a friend that was videotaped shooting an armed robber. There was a woman in front of the counter with a baby. Amazingly, a small group of ARFcom'ers took him to task for firing with the lady and child in close proximity. They cried about legal liability. They think too much, imo. When your life is threatened, the thief's life is forfit. When you're at war, aid to the enemy is treason. Protest all you want before the shooting starts. Once our men are dying, clam up.

If you burn the American flag while screaming for the death of our soldiers, I have no sympathy for anything that happens to you. If you travel to Iraq to 'protest' our troops, and are killed, I will take some joy in your death. But I won't show up at your funeral. Class is as class does.

Piece on her

Consider: The Israeli government revealed that 90 weapons-smuggling tunnels were constructed between the Egyptian border and Rafah. At least some of these tunnels were known to end underneath the homes in Rafah.

With 90 tunnels running underneath Rafah, there must have been lots of suspicious activity. Corrie and her friends would have had to be blind not to notice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top