Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2008 5:44:53 AM EDT

I have a Luminox that needs a battery.  If I have the factory service place do it then I need to ship it out.  Does changing the battery really require the factory to do it or can I bring it to a reputable watch/jewelry sore in Atlanta and have it done?  If a local store can do it does anyone have recommendations for skilled watch workers in Atlanta?
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I actually had the battery changed, pressure tested, and the crystal replaced at Its About Time in N Point Mall with no issues. They have stores in most major malls I think. It cost me about $75 for everything listed above, but I cant imagine the battery being more than $15-20, though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I had mine done at Van Adams Jewelers in Snellville. The big thing is that you get it pressure tested afterwards so that you can be assured it stays waterproof. Most any jeweler that replaces batteries in Rolex's etc can do the full changeout for you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Rolex's have batteries?????
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Mmmm...mine doesnt. Any full service center for Rolex will be able to pressure test it, since Rolex recommends it if the rear case is removed for any reason.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok, didn't know that-but any place that services them can change the battery and pressure test it to ensure it's water resistance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 4:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually, some of them do have batteries.  The Cellini collection (dressy look) are quartz.  

http://www.rolex.com/en/collection/rolex-gallery/index.jsp#/en/xml/collection/rolex-gallery/quartz/index

But most Rolex that people are familiar with such as the GMT, Submariner, Yachtmaster, Sea Dweller, Datejust, etc. are automatic.

Or you can go to any street corner in NYC and can get a quartz "Rolex" for $30.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top