Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2003 5:25:54 PM EDT
Anyone? They have fine range. Last Friday after I was shooting and now cleaning up the Range Office gets my attention. He says, "See the bear?" I look past the berms don't see a thing. I run walk up to the RO and he points to the last location and says, "Biggy - about 450 or so." I still don't see it - he leaves me with a "be careful". I go back to continuing the clean up and low and behold coming from behind the berms the big boy. He's sniffing and strolling slow, sniffing and strolling slow. I have no ammo(read that balls), he moves into the brush with a direction moving me ... I finish up nervously and warn the next shooter just coming in.

Lotsa bear up there, there should be a bear season if PETA doesn't look to hit it with an injunction.

Any way let's talk/meet/shoot!!!

www.anjrpc.org/
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info!  I'll definitely more careful next time I go to Cherry Ridge.  

I believe we met at the last NJ Blast.  The Cherry Ridge Range is about 25 minutes from me.  Let me know when you are going and I'll be more than happy to meet up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info!  I'll definitely more careful next time I go to Cherry Ridge.  

I believe we met at the last NJ Blast.  The Cherry Ridge Range is about 25 minutes from me.  Let me know when you are going and I'll be more than happy to meet up.

Cool - we'll exchange phone number in IM MAIL,OK.On way.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there about 3 weeks ago for the HP Service Rifle match and saw the bear.  Everyone was getting ready on the line so only about 3 - 4 people saw it.  It is a very big bear.  I am going to head to the range tomorrow (8-10)if the weather holds out.  I'm also about 25min away in Rockaway.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was there about 3 weeks ago for the HP Service Rifle match and saw the bear.  Everyone was getting ready on the line so only about 3 - 4 people saw it.  It is a very big bear.  I am going to head to the range tomorrow (8-10)if the weather holds out.  I'm also about 25min away in Rockaway.

Yes - defintiely a big one.

I'd like to see an HP shoot, if the Mrs. doesn't have me committed to something maybe we could meet?

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top